Suspicions

Gabriel invited the blonde woman into the home. And they made their way to the nearest room with any sort of seats. They went into one of the large, cold, spacious living rooms. Adrien and his mom sat down on the same, white couch, while Gabriel sat on a chair near them. They chatted away, about stuff and things, and that's when Marinette was brought up.

"So, has any girl yet claimed my son's heart?" His mother asked him, and teased a little bit.

He immediately thought of Marinette, and her smile, then, he thoughtof Ladybug, and her on the concrete ground in a pool of her own blood. He remembered how guilty he felt, and soon, his guilt rushed back. The event's of Marinette were flooding his brain. Adrien looked down and avoided and eye contact with his parents. Gabriel, understanding why he was acting this way, didn't want to pick at him for an answer. But his mother on the other hand, had no clue.

"Is that a touchy subject?" she asked. Adrien nodded slowly. Though he didn't want to talk about it, he also didn't want to leave his mother confused on the subject.

"She, uh, got in a bad accident," Adrien said in a rush. "At the Eiffel Tower."

He mother looked down at her son, with confusion, and pity.

"Did the cops ever catch the person who ran her over?" his mother pulled him into a warm, caring, motherly embrace.

"It wasn't a car accident, she was attacked," Adrien then informed. "Somebody impaled her with knives," the teen shuttered at the thought, his voice wavered "s-s-she was taken t-to the hospital a hour ag-ago."

The blonde woman's emerald eyes widened, and she gulped nervously. Gabriel Agreste noticed her weird behavior, that only occured for a second.

"Oh honey," The woman said, and held her son tighter. "I'm so sorry, I wish you never had to go through that."

"I just w-want her t-to be okay," Adrien's voice, sad, and wavering.

"Can I learn this girl's name?" She asked him, trying to act as normal as she could. She couldn't let the two males in the room know that she was the one who caused her own son's despair. But even though she acted normal, Gabriel was catching on to something. She's getting a little too involved. Gabriel thought.

"Marinette," he said.

"Well, how about we go see Marinette tomorrow at the hospital?" the woman asked. Adrien's face lit up and shone bright like the sun.

"Yes, let's do that!" Adrien smiled, and hugged his mother. As the blondes were hugging, Gabriel cleared his throat, making his existence known.

"Adrien, it's late, how about you go to bed," Gabriel spoke coldly. Adrien's happy mood, vanished, and he pulled back from hugging his mom.

"But, I want to talk to Mom! I haven't seen her in a long time!" Adrien went into defense mode. Gabriel seemed unphased by his son's sudden burst of sass. And stood up from the chair.

"You have school in the morning, unless, you don't want to go?"

"I want to talk to mom."

"Adrien, go to school, honey. I'll be here tomorrow," She smiled a calming smile, "your father is right, go to bed."

Adrien sighed, and stood up, he dragged his feet across the floor as he walked to the door.

"Goodnight, sweetheart," she called out. Adrien jerked a little, then a wonderful smile graced his lips. It had been such a long time since he had heard those words come out of anybody's mouth.

"Goodnight, Mom!" he exclaimed happily, then scampered back up to his room. He let out an exhausted sigh, and plopped down onto his bed. His eyelids fell heavy, and he fell asleep.
______________________________________