Chapter One

Back to when I was eight years old; life seemed so simple and perfect. I had wished upon a shooting star that my life should be the same, ten years from now on. 

Unfortunately, my wish did not come true.

A year later, when I was nine years old, my parents started fighting with each other. These fights usually ended leaving my father alone in his room and my mother out of the house.
My mother used to return home in the morning, so drunk that she was not able to steady herself.

My father just spent his time musing. During their arguments he usually just spoke with a low tone but my mother on the other hand, yelled strange anathemas, fulminating about how my father had not given her enough money to spend. Which I thought was not true. My father worked day and night, so that we could live in luxury.

It was on the 10th of September that my parents could take it no more, they came to the only conclusion - a divorce.
There was a turmoil at the court, for as to who is going to take my custody.
This case went on for about a year. This was an unusual thing for the court of Amsterdam.
Finally, the court came to a conclusion- my mother was to take my custody.

Those two years of my life were the hardest, filled with uncertain anecdotes. My life wasn't the same as it used to be. Ere long, my life was filled with tranquility and happiness but now that I have started living with my mother; my life has become doleful.

My mother is now married to one of Amsterdam's richest men, Mr. Stephan Macaulay. She is now called Mrs. Thalia Macaulay. I often cringe at the thought of that name. I liked the time when she was called Mrs. Thalia Austin, it suited her better. She hardly spent any time on me anymore, she was too busy grooming up herself. At least that's what I thought.

I have not seen my father ever since my parents had divorced. I thought maybe he would at least come to see how I was doing. A small gesture to prove that he actually missed me. But, he didn't come.

I was very close to my father, he spent most of his time in office as he was the manager of the company. He did not really tell me which company he worked in, all he said was - 'you are getting what you want, isn't it all that matters, also this job allows me to spend some family time too doesn't it?'

The thought about where my father works, did not really bother me. He spent time with his family, which is the most important thing. He was the one, who helped me in my homework, encouraged me when the bullies at school let me down, enjoyed watching me play and get dirty in the mud, most importantly he picked me up whenever I was down. 

But now when I need him the most he is not here. He's gone. 

After he went, I turned into an incompetent person, I developed something known as 'Athazagoraphobia' which means 'the fear of being forgotten.' 

I get scared at the thought of being forgotten. It means that you haven't done or achieved anything in life, that's the reason no one remembers you, not even your loved ones.

I often sit down musing about my father. The way he just went away, without informing anyone.

He's just an identity now.

//So that was the first chapter of my first book 'An Identity'. I know it was a bit short but this was just the introduction, there's more to come. I hope you liked it, if you did make sure you vote for it. I will update pretty often so make sure you have your notification on :)//