Chapter Ten

"Darcy you have to help me! Please..." He trailed off.

"Dad?...Dad!" I yelled.

"Darcy, love where are you?" He yelled again.

"Dad! I'm he-" I began but water filled my lungs.

"DAD!" I yelled and woke up.

"Dy...Dy, you scared the shit out of me! I have been waking you up from so long" Joshwa said, his eyes wide with fear.

He kept his hand on my shoulder as I sat up. I was sweating more than a pig, and my breath was uneven, in fact I still found it hard to breathe.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

"No" I sighed.

"I'm scared" I croaked.

I was at the verge of breaking down. I couldn't take it any longer; all the pain, fear, agony, anger, all of these stupid emotions are taking a toll on me. I can't handle it any more. I'm tired of finding happiness. I know that the loss of my father will keep haunting me, no matter what. It feels like he's calling out to me, like as if he's trying to tell me something.

"Oh dy" Joshwa said and hugged me.

"I keep getting this dream...where I'm drowning and then I hear my father's voice. He's calling out for me, for help. I try to tell him that I'm here, that I have finally found him but water fills my lungs..and then he's lost again" I said and hugged him tighter.

"You know I got such a dream once, where my father had held me hostage" He said after a while and I gasped.

I faced him and he had this scared cum concerned look on his face.

"Then?" I asked, as my curiosity level rose.

"I heard a gunshot and then I got up" He shrugged.

I nodded and looked down at my hands.

Oh well..

For a few minutes we just sat in silence.

I thought about the wonderful time that I had today. After we had coffee, we went on a small tour around our university. He took me to some of the stores that he loved; most of them were of food items and we being the food addicts that we are, gorged ourselves. Then, we decided to take a nap in my room. Well, you know how that ended.

"Hey cocojerk" I smiled, looking up at him

"Yeah" He tittered and nodded.

"Thank you for today" I said.

"Aww dy" He crooned and hugged me.

"What are friends for" He crooned further and I hugged him tighter.

"Well, if you have rested enough, do you want to accompany me to a place nearby?" He asked when he faced me.

"That'll be great" I smiled.

After five minutes we were ready and were walking out of the dormitory.

"Oh look at this couple" We heard a voice.

We turned around to find Regeal and Haley standing right behind us.

"Just mind your own business" Joshwa spat.