Chapter Eight

"Hey. Can we talk?" Joshwa asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

At first I was taken aback by his sudden appearance. But then I realized that it will be extremely awkward if I just stood there and stared at him, so I spoke up.

"Yeah sure" I smiled and stepped aside so he could enter.

I closed the door and turned around to find him observing my room.

I noticed his attire. He wore a light blue sweatshirt with a pair of cream coloured shorts that reached his knees. He completed his outfit by pairing it with white tennis shoes.

"You've set up your room really well" He turned around to face me and smiled, showing off his dimples.

"Thank you" I smiled and sat down at the edge of my bed. He copied my action and sat down on the chair that was placed near the study table.

"Umm...Darcy...I...a..." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

Do guys rub the back of their neck on purpose? Is that a way that guys flirt? 'Cause damn I'm flattered!

"Darcy" He sighed and looked down at his hands.

"I'm really sorry about how I acted this week. I had always been pissed at Macaulay and I avoid him at all costs. Seeing him there just made-" He started rambling.

"Hey it's okay" I cut him off and he looked up at me. 

"I just..." He sighed.

"Hate Macaulay" I completed the sentence for him.

"I get it, you hate him. But is there any specific reason behind it?"I asked.

"I just hate his guts" He said and tugged at his hair.

"But Abela told me you've got some 'personal grudge' against him" I said, air-quoting the words 'personal grudge'.

As soon as I said that, his body stiffened.

"No there's nothing like that" He said, clearing his throat.

Stop lying.

"Okay" I shrugged.

"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior; the thing is, I was pissed at him and removed all the anger on you" He sighed.

"It's okay" I smiled. He in return, forced a small smile.

However, I know that's something fishy going on. Something he doesn't want me to know. My inner detective is struggling to keep it's mouth shut.

I tried to act as calm as possible.

"So are we cool?" He asked.

"Yeah" I smiled and he smirked.

After a minute of awkward silence, Joshwa spoke up.

"So, what were you doing?" He asked rubbing his palms.

"Just finishing up some homework" I said and sat in Indian style.