Chapter Two

"Darcy!" My mother yelled.

"What?" I yelled back.

"Get out of your room and come down here, your father and I need to talk to you about something" She yelled.

I hate it when she calls Mr. Stephan my father. Like, he is NOT my father, he is my STEP-FATHER, and no, he can never replace my father.

While I walked down the stairs towards the living room, my mother kept shooting me glares.

"What?" I said as I sat on the opposite couch.

"Well, we wanted to ask you a few things" My mother said and Mr. Stephan nodded.

"What?" I asked.

"Can you stop saying 'What?' " My mother spat.

"Well I can't Mrs. Thalia" I smirked.

"Where are your manners young lady!" My mother yelled and stood up.

I just huffed.

"Just look at her Stephan, look at how she's behaving! Don't you want to tell her anything!" My mother yelled and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Just sit down Thalia, let me handle this" Mr. Stephan said, calmly.

"Look Darcy, I know you don't like me and I also know the reason. But I am giving you the best I can-"

"You know money can't buy everything" I cut him, mid-sentence.

"Darcy" My mother said through gritted teeth.

Mr. Stephan just raised his palm, in a gesture to tell my mother to stay calm.

"Darcy. All we want to know is- why aren't you attending the university, and why are you always in your room?" He asked.

"And also, why are you always wasting money on stupid novels?" My mother spat.

"Mr. Stephan can I talk to you?" I asked.

"We are talking" My mother said and raised her eyebrows.

"Alone" I specified.

"What?-" My mother began but Mr. Stephan just looked at her and she walked out of the house.

I know where she must have gone.
She's surely gone shopping. That's all that she ever does.

"Tell me Darcy" Mr. Stephan said, in a soft tone.

Honestly, Mr. Stephan is a really nice guy. He's always kind and soft spoken. He's a bit fat, but not too much. He's got brown hair which match my mother's eye colour. His face is always shaved with precision and he is fair complexioned. He is usually dressed up in casual clothing, nothing too fancy.

My mother on the other hand, is always dressed up in formal clothing. Her hair are always left open, and they reach till her elbows. They are light brown in colour and she is fair complexioned and thin.

"Well Mr. Stephan-" I began but he cut me off.

"You can call me Stephan" He smiled.

You can tell, that he's trying his best to make me accept him.

It's been eight years since my mother got married to Mr. Stephan and well I did try to accept him, and to some extent I have, but just as a guardian not as a father.

"Okay..." I said awkwardly.

"Umm I just wanted to tell you that, I really appreciate all that you do for me. You pay my university fees even though I hardly attend classes. You pay the price for my expensive novels, which is highly appreciated, and I just wanted you to know that I have accepted you to some extent." I said and I swear he was trying to hide his smile.

"But, I just don't like it here, in Amsterdam any more. It reminds me of everything that has happened in the past. It almost feels like Amsterdam has lost all it's scintilla. I really want to move out from here. Like maybe shift to London, but all alone. I don't like to be a solivagant but I don't really have friends here who will actually move across the globe with me. I might make some new friends over there and I might start socialising.... I hope you understand" I said and gave him a small smile.

This is the first time, in an aeonian that I have actually spoken to someone for this long.

"Hmm... So in short you want me to get you an admission in a university in London and without your mother coming to know" He said.

"Basically" I said.

"I think I can do that" He smiled.

"Really?" I smiled giddily.

The thought of starting a new life, gives me chills.

"But on one condition" He said and I tensed up.

I hope he doesn't keep the condition of me taking my mother along or telling my mother that I am moving out.

"You have to keep me informed on whatever is happening, when you get there" He said sternly.

I smiled and nodded.

"How will you handle my mother? Cause she's just going to be fulminating more than one can think" I said.

"I won't let her know that you are going. I will tell her that you moved out when you reach London" He said.

"I like the thought of that" I smirked.

"I think you should start packing up your stuff because, your admission will be done in no time and also your tickets will be booked in an instant" He smiled.

"Thank you so much Stephan" I said and hugged him.

He was stupefied at first but then hugged me back.

"You better go start packing, I don't think you really would like to leave anything behind" He smiled and patted my back.

I smiled, nodded and ran up to my room.

London, here I come.

//So that was Chapter Two, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did make sure you vote for it :)//