Chapter Eleven

"Darcy!" Mr. Stephan yelled through the phone.

What a great way to start the day! *note sarcasm*

I woke up this morning feeling so positive and fortunately I hadn't got that nightmare! I thought that today would be a good day until Mr. Stephan called.

"Yeah?" I sighed.

"Why weren't you picking up the phone!" He exclaimed.

"Well, it's Sunday and I assume it's a day when people relax" I said in a dull voice.

"You are a student, how can you be so lazy!" He lectured me and I yawned.

"You called me up so that you can lecture me?" I asked getting annoyed.

"No. I had called you up for something else" He said.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"Well, I spoke to Regeal yesterday" He said.

"So?" I said.

"I asked him about your well-being and he said that you don't hang out with him. Instead, you hang out with a guy called Joshwa...Why is that so?" He asked.

"You see Mr. Stephan, I really appreciate your efforts in getting me into this university but you see, this is my life and I choose my friends" I said.

"I'm just saying-" He began but I didn't let him complete.

"Mr. Stephan" I sighed.

"Please. Just let me be who I am" I said and hung up on him.

Just as I hung up, I received a text message from Mr. Stephan.

'Don't forget that I got you into that university and I can also get you got of there' It read.

Oh, so he's going to blackmail me now.

'There is something known as privacy and opinion. A true gentleman respects the opponent's privacy as well as opinion ' I replied.

He should give me some space. I understand that he's worried and all of that but he should stop trying to control what I'm doing. Somehow, he's changed...he's not the same Mr. Stephan who was kind and generous.

I shrugged all those thoughts off my mind and walked towards the washroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a shower. I let the cold water run down my body. The cold water made me feel like I was in Oymyakon but it was kind of relaxing. It made me forget about all the negativity in my life. I was a positive and jovial Darcy for that little time that I spent below the shower. Alas, I couldn't stay below the shower for the entire day. There are two places in this world that are too welcoming to get in and too wretched to get out; those are the bed and the washroom. After a mental debate of whether I should stay below the shower for a little longer or no, I decided to get out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around myself and stepped outside the washroom.

As I walked out of the washroom, I was more than just appalled.

On my bed sat Joshwa, busy on his phone. I wanted to scream and shout but that wasn't the best idea.

"What are you doing in my room and how did you get in?" I asked, clutching the towel.

"I...a...had an extra key like everyone else does..." He stuttered, his eyes never leaving my body.

An extra key?...WHAT?!

"I would appreciate if you left my room so I can get dressed" I said, trying extremely hard not to blush.