Chapter Three

I just sat there staring at my family photograph

This photograph was taken when I was four years old. Life seemed so gipsy back then, little did I know, what was going to happen...

I heard a knock on my door.
I quickly put the photograph in my bag.

"Come in" I said in a high pitch.

"Are you ready?" Mr. Stephan asked.

"Yeah" I exhaled.

It was twelve o'clock at night.
A time, when everybody is sleeping with tranquility.

According to the airport customs, I had to be present there two hours prior to my flight.

A few servants came up to my room to carry my luggage. I did not have a lot of luggage as such, just a suitcase and a handbag. That's all.
I walked downstairs, quickly grabbing my headphones which were lying on the table in the living room. As I came outside 'my house', I stood before a limousine. Like literally, I am only going to the airport; why need a limousine for that?

Who am I kidding? I am the step-daughter of the richest man of Amsterdam.

I spent good five minutes musing about the limousine and how I suddenly became the step-daughter of the richest man of Amsterdam.

"All set for London?" Mr. Stephan asked, bringing me out of my deep thoughts.

"A bit nervous" I said truthfully.

I was really scared about traveling alone, all the way to London and more over leaving my hometown, the place where I spent my childhood.

I am going to miss Amsterdam's silence, it's streets, it's playgrounds and the thing I am going to miss the most is - the memories that are made here, the memories of my happy life.
Amsterdam always made me feel close to my father; even though we were miles apart.

"That's something unavoidable" Mr. Stephan said and kept a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't think you will need the address to the university, as Regeal who is one of my relatives, is studying in the same university in which you are going. If you want you can stay on the campus or else Regeal can help you find a place in London." He smiled.

"Thank you so much Stephan" I said with a feeling of awkwardness as I had always called him 'Mr. Stephan' and not 'Stephan'. I was never this comfortable while talking to him.

"All the best Darcy" He said, as the chauffeur came over and opened the door to the limousine for me.

I smiled and thanked him.
As I sat in the limousine, I saw Mr. Stephan walk away, back inside the house.
I rolled down the car window.

"Stephan!" I yelled and he turned back.

"Thank you" I said once again. He just smiled, nodded his head and then continued walking back inside.

"Madam, we are getting late" The chauffeur said.

"Let's get going then" I said, and we drove off.

This is the last time, I am driving through the streets of Amsterdam. The last time, I am seeing Amsterdam lit up by the light given off by the moons and stars.

We passed one of the playgrounds that I used to play in, as a kid.

I remember watching the komorebi while sitting on the swing, just wailing away time. My father used to sit down on a nearby bench, reading a book. I think that's how I got the addiction of reading books. This was when I was five years old.
The psithurism always calmed me down, even back then. I remember, being extremely angry after I had a fight with one of my classmates and my father bought me here. That was the time I realised how calming, the psithurism can be.

I just smiled as we drove past it.

We passed the Magere Brug bridge, also known as Amsterdam's most romantic bridge.
The Magere Brug bridge is cynosure of all bridges in Amsterdam. It looks so beautiful at night when it is lit up by the lights.

My father had once bought me here at night to show me the beauty of Amsterdam. We just goofed around there and had received many weird looks from people.
The memories of that visit made me chuckle.

And just like that, we passed the Magere Burg bridge too.

All these memories only made me feel sorrowful.
Moving to London, was the only way I could get away from these thoughts and memories.

People say - memories don't just fade away, they stay inked, forever.

But sometimes, you have to move on; leave everything behind, and start all over again.

//So that was Chapter Three, I hope you enjoyed it. I know I had stopped updating; before you can kill me please know the reason- I got busy. Yeah I that's a unique excuse *note sarcasm*. Hehe. But I will update the next chapter soon. So make sure you have my notifications on :)//