The Arrival

I know it isn't a lot but i already have 10 reads. Thanks guys i hope you like it. -Jayden ____________________________________________________________________________________

*The Arrival*

One month ago....

For my 18th birthday on June 7th, I had a movie night. I invited the whole gang, Bayley and Shawnea showed up at noon to help me set up. We put some blankets on the grass in front of the pergola, that had a black tarp hanging from it.

Max showed up at one. He brought a gift, even though I told everyone I didn't need anything. The party was practically a slumber party with guys. Shawnea ended up leaving at 1:10 to get her stuff. But thank god Bayley didn't leave, I thought. I didn't want to have to deal with Max alone.

By the time Shawnea got back, Anthony was already at the house. I was pouring chips into a bowl till my ex boyfriend, Trayson and mines song started playing. I couldn't find where it was coming from till I checked my phone. Our song was "Light Me Up" by Hunter Hayes. It turns out he had texted me. The text read "Jayden, I've missed texting you. ;) But I remembered your birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Babe my mom said we could date again. So what do you say you want to go out again? Oh by the way, I LOVE YOU!!!" I had no idea what to say back. I love this kid, I never felt like this about about another guy before. But if Bayley found out about this our friendship will be over. She never liked Trayson at all and thought it was dumb for me to still like this guy. She thought I should date Max. I ended up replying " I've missed texting you too. Thank you for remembering my birthday and of course I'll take you back! Also, I LOVE YOU TOO!! "

~~~Max's POV~~~

I walked in the door just as Jayden bounded down the stairs to the door. She didn't notice me as she answered the door to a tall muscular looking guy. He had a tank top and shorts on. As soon they saw each other they embraced. I couldn't help but be jealous, I had a crush on Jayden since kindergarten and I had never hugged her. But this guy shows up and gets a hug right away. I bet its freaking Trayson.

I quietly slip out the back door before they spotted me. I walked over to Anthony acting like I saw nothing. Then Jayden came out holding hands with that guy. I wanted to explode I was so jealous. They walked over to Shawnea and Bayley who were leaning against the tree. Shawnea almost immediatly stood up and hugged him then Bayley just shook hands with him. Now it was time for her to introduce us to him.

I watched as they walked toward us. "Hey guys! I'd like you to meet someone.This is my..."