Chapter 2. Reunited

I woke up the next morning to the sound of bird chirping outside my window. I looked at my phone and it was almost ten o'clock. Damn I cant believe I been sleep since like 7 something yesterday, I guess I was tired from all the driving. I got out the bed, and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I didnt really get the chance to check it out yesterday, but this dorm is really nice and well decorated. When I got out I put on a blue jordan t-shirt with matchin sweats, and some white jordan flip flops. I know yall think im crazy for wearin sweats, but I dont get hot like that in fact most of the time im pretty cool if not cold. I walked out into the living room expecting to see kwantae, or at least some sign that he was there. Instead it was just like it was when I first arrived wit me and the silence of being alone. Funny thing is I had gotten so use to that sound over the past few weeks that it didnt bother me anymore. I had decided to walk around the campus, and check out my new surroundings to get familiar wit a few things. At least so I could find my classes a little easier when they start next week. I started to wonder why everybody looked so much older than me, but then I realized I stayed in an upper classman dorm because of my late entry. So that meant that most of the people I'll prolly encounter are a year or two older than me. I must say though, this place was very beautiful and I could definately see my self stayin here after I graduate. I had been walkin around campus for like a hour an a half when I heard somebody call my name. I cringed at the thought of running into somebody I knew from back home so I kept walkin until whoever it was caught up wit me. I looked without really tryna look, and saw that it was Kwantae by my side out of breath.

Tae: Damn shawty u aint hear me callin yo name.
Yatta: I heard u.(i said still walkin)
Tae: Ooohh so u playin hard to get, thats wussup. Im always up for a good game of cat and mouse because in the end it makes it all worth it.(he smiled)
Yatta: Well I hope u done flirting because subliminally callin me a rodent aint the way to keep my attention.
Tae: Daaammmnnn. Its like that, man all im tryna do is get to know u. U might as well gone head and give a nigga some play cuz we room mates shawty. I can bother u all day everyday until I slowly start to grow on u.
Yatta: I doubt it.
Tae: We'll see.(he smiled) So where u from shawty cuz I know u aint from here wearin those damn sweat pants.(he laughed)
Yatta: Shouldnt u be off wit yo girlfriend somewhere?(i said finally facing him)
Tae: Girlfriend?(he said twistin up his face, but still smirkin)
Yatta: Yea, does the name Lora ring a bell?

He just burst out laughin so hard he actually had tears coming from his eyes. I didnt see what was so damn funny so I kinda got irritated, but waited for him to finish.

Tae: Nah shawty u got it twisted.(he saud still laughin) Lora is my twin sister.
Yatta: Oh...Well...Aside from her im sure somebody like u got plenty people u running game on so like I said. Why are u botherin me?
Tae: Because when I see something I want I go after it, and what I want, I get.(he smiled)
Yatta: Not today.(i said walkin away from him)

I know yall think Im being a b***h, but the thing is he reminds me of my ex Ladarius...The one that had the baby on me. So yea pardon me if im giving yall the wrong impression, and plus his cocky ass attitude needs to be put in check.

Tae: Come on shawty so u aint gone even give me chance I promise u I dont bite I nibble.(he smiled again)

Before I could catch myself I found that I was smilin at his corny ass joke causing him to smile even harder.

Tae: FINALLY!! I got u to at least smile, and look at them pretty ass dimples. U should do that more often it compliments your face shawty. Instead of walkin around like somebody shot yo moms or something.

See, niggas...Thats they damn problem, the dumb ass's talk to much. My smile faded with that last comment, and went back stone as I walked around him shakin my head.

Tae: What..Whats wrong..What I say...Kenyatta!!...Damn man.

I was so pissed at that stupid ass dude I had walked around the whole campus, and didnt know it. Even though he doesnt know my situation, and I really shouldnt be mad at him for his ignorance, I am. If he wouldve just left me the f***k alone like I asked him to do there would be no need for me to wanna go back to the dorm, and punch his face in. I came up to the stadium of the school thinkin I was gonna get some privacy or at least be some what alone, but nope. The basketball team was out on the field doing laps as their coach barked out orders. I started to leave until I saw this one dude that caught my eye, and damn was he fine as hell. He was the tallest dude on the team, and he had to be at least 6'5". He way my complextion wit piercing dark brown eye, and shoulder lenght dreads that he had braided up. Now normally I HATE dreads, but his were so neat and nice looking. He was buff as f***k for a basketball player though so im guessin he a sports junkie. Something about him really had me in a trance though, like he looks familiar to me. He saw me staring at him from the bleachers, and the crazy thing is he was givin me the same look I was givin him. Their coach finally told them to take a break, and he went to get some water before sitting down. He looked back in my direction for a while and then got up walkin in my direction. I my heart raced the closer he got to me, and all I could think was "oh s***t, oh s***t, oh s***t" until it was to late. The closer he got though I noticed something, wait is..is he smiling. He finally reached me, and the words that came out of his mouth made my heart drop.

De'Quan: Wussup lil bit.(he smiled)

I looked at him to study his face tryna figure out how the f***k he knew my nickname. Then like a ton of bricks it hit me, and I felt something I havent felt in a long ass time...Happiness.

Yatta: Oh my god.. DE'QUAN!!!!!!(i yelled jumpin up to hug him)

He hugged me back twirlin me around in the process, and then just as he pulled away I did the stupidest thing possible...I kissed him. I dont know what the f***k came over me, but I just f***ked up. Did I forget to mention that I never came out to him when we were in highschool. He looked at me like I had lost my damn mind, and I just knew I had pushed him away not even five minute before we had a decent conversation, damn.