Chapter 10. Foul Play

When we finally got to the stadium it was hella people there, and I felt more than uncomfortable. Lora had to basically drag me out of the car, and into the gym where we found our seats. On our way in we ran into Marv, Pat, and Angelo. They all greeted us givin Lora a hug, and dappin me up..All except for Angelo. He pulled me into kind of a bro type hug that he held a little too long causin me to lean back away from him. We made eye contact, and he licked his bottom lip before lettin me go. I looked around to see if anybody else noticed what just happened, but they werent payin attention. Maybe it was just all in my head after all I dont really know him that well, and this is prolly how he normally acts. Even though that might be the case I made it a point to avoid further contact wit him until we took our seats.

Yatta: So wheres yo boyfriend at?
Lora: I just got off the phone wit him he gettin us somethin to eat.
Yatta: Aw ok. Um I got a question.
Lora: Wussup boo?
Yatta: Is Tae real close wit Angelo?
Lora: Yea they all been best friends since middle school...why?
Yatta: Did u see the way he hugged me earlier? I mean he didnt really do nothin, but it was just weird u know.
Lora: U thinkin too much of it he just nice thats all. Besides he in relationships anyway last time I checked, and he been wit dude for a while now.
Yatta: Oh ok, good.(i sighed in relief)

I looked over at Angelo, and we made instant eye contact. I couldnt help but think to myself...is he really just watchin me? I turned my head breakin the awkward stare, and looked back again to see him still lookin at me wit a smirk on his face. That confirmed it all for me that he was indeed watchin me. This just made a bad situation worse for me because I was already uncomfortable being here. Even though me and Tae not together the fact that his "friend" is checkin me out just doesnt sit right wit me. I started to walk off to go get something to eat, and go to the bathroom when I saw him. It was like lookin at a ghost, the resemblance was so..so breath taking. He walked up to Lora givin her a kiss on the cheek before she introduced him.

Lora: Hey babe this is my friend Kenyatta, Yatta this is my boo Reginald.
Reggie: Wussup wit u?(he said holdin his hand out)

I was stuck in a daze frozen from his unexpected appearance. Instead of shakin his hand I rushed past him leaving Them both looking confused. I went to the bathroom to throw some water on my face. Could it be possible that he..Nah thats crazy what are the odds? Then again, i've never met that side of my family so I will never really know for certain. He just looks so much like him though, and the shit scared me. I jumped from the sound of the bathroom door opening. Someone placed their hand on my should, and I turned to see Angelo standin there giving me that look again.

Angelo: U good papi?
Yatta: Ye..yea, just needed to get some air thats all.(i said moving his hand)
Angelo: Why u actin all scarey around me and shit I dont bite.(he smiled)
Yatta: Oh no offense, but im not really a people person.
Angelo: Well any friend of Tae's is a friend of mine.

I gave him a weak smile as the door came open again revealing another mexican lookin dude. He walked up to Angelo giving him a hug, and a peck on the lips before even acknowledgin my presence. I could already tell what kind of relationship we were going to have if any at all. He finally looked my way smilin while noddin at me.

Juan: How u doin bro im juan, but im sure u already heard about me.
Yatta: No not really, but excuse me.(i said walkin past the both of them)

I left out the bathroom as they started to talk to eachother in spanish. I have no idea what the hell they got goin on, but im not gone be apart of it if I got anything to say about it. After gettin some nachos, and a drink from the concession stand I went back into the gym. I saw Quan, L, and Tae who was smilin at me out on the court, and smiled back at him. He blew a kiss at me while doin their warm up, and I acted like I caught it then laughed goin to sit down. I saw jeniece sitting wit some of her friends, and suprisingly she waved at me then got up to give me a hug.

Jeniece: Hey how u doin, Kenyatta right?
Yatta: Yea.(i said lookin at her confused)
Jeniece: Do u wanna come sit wit me, I mean if u didnt come wit anybody. Quan talks about u all the time and I know your knew here so I just thought i'd introduce u to some of my friends.

I looked over at where Lora and Reggie were sittin tryna weigh out my options. Reluctantly I decided to go sit wit her for a while or at least until half time. We walked back to her friends to sit down and then she introduced me. After the formalities they continued on wit their conversation as I ate my food. I was kinda tunin them out until I heard somethin that caught my attention even though they were tryna talk low. Call me a ear hustler.

Girl: So like I was sayin when are u gone drop the bomb on Quan girl?
Jeniece: Can we not talk about this right now?(she said lookin at me)
Girl: Bitch u need to be real wit yo self u know thats not his baby.
Jeniece: No I dont know, and thats the problem now shut yo ass up damn!(she snapped)

She must've felt me burnin a hole in the back of her head because she turned around, and smiled at me before I got up to walk away. I Knew I didnt like that bitch I cant believe she playin Quan like this, and he really wants to be a father. Thats some grimey shit and I gotta tell him even if he dont wanna hear it, but the question is how. I made my way back over towards Lora, and when she saw me she jumped up huggin me.

Lora: Where the hell where u at boy I thought somebody had got yo ass.
Yatta: I just went to the bathroom chill out.(i laughed)
Lora: Are u alright u kind of freaked out earlier.
Yatta: Yea im ok.(i said lookin at Reggie)

I sat down tryin not to stare at Reggie and started watchin the game until I noticed Angelo comin back to sit down wit that guy. He was still lookin at me givin me a sexy smirk. His boyfriend on the other hand was muggin me, and I returned it with no problem. I ignored them both and shocked my self when I jumped up cheering Tae, and Quan's name whenever they scored. The game was gettin good as hell when out of no where a fight broke out in the bleachers. Security was on it as soon as it started, but that shit is one of the reasons I always stay in the house. When everybody calmed down from all the confusion the game was back in full swing, and our team won leading the game 82 to 67. As everybody filed out of the gym I walked out on the court towards Tae to give him a hug, but Quan stepped in the way.

Quan: Wussup lil bit.(he said huggin me)
Yatta: Hey juice good game.(i smiled huggin him back)
Quan: Thanks im glad u came though forreal I appreciate it.
Yatta: I told u I would.(i laughed)
Quan: Yea right, I know u I thought yo ass was gone stay at the crib.
Yatta: I was at first until Tae asked me to come.
Quan: Damn so u wasnt gone come when I asked u?(he asked offended)
Yatta: Dont act like that u big baby, but look on a serious note I need to talk to u about something.
Quan: Well come on and walk wit me.

As soon as we turned around there was Jeniece smilin in his face.

Jeniece: Hey babe.(she smiled)
Quan: Wussup boo.(he said kissin her)

Before the jealousy could even boil to the surface I felt some arms wrap around my waist, and a kiss was placed on my neck.

Tae: So did u enjoy ya self shawty.
Yatta: I guess u could say that. This was definately an interesting night.
Tae: I heard u screamin my name when I was on the court.(he smiled)
Yatta: Wasnt nobody screamin yo name wit yo wack ass.(i laughed)
Tae: Oh so u gone play me like that, but I beat u so now what.
Yatta: Yea yea shut that shit up.
Tae: So u know u gotta come to the after party right?
Yatta: Hell no im not im goin home.
Tae: Come on shawty please I promise u gone have fun.
Yatta: No.

He turned me around and started kissin me after every other word.

Tae: Come on (kiss) u know u want too(kiss).
Yatta: Would u stop?(i laughed)
Tae: Ok how about this come wit me and if u not feelin it we can leave.
Yatta: Why do u never accept no for an answer?
Tae: Cuz u dont be really meanin no u just be mixin that up wit yes.(he smiled)

I laughed at him as we walked to the locker room. I saw Quan walkin wit Jeniece but he was payin more attention us than her.

Tae: Why that nigga always lookin at u?
Yatta: What u talkin about?
Tae: Quan, he always be starin at u and muggin me.
Yatta: No he dont.(i said twistin up my face)
Tae: I think his ass like u low key.
Yatta: Why u actin so jealous?(i laughed)
Tae: Cuz I dont want nobody else tryna get whats mine.
Yatta: Well he aint the one u need to worry about.
Tae: What the hell that mean?
Yatta: Nothin..hurry up, and get dressed.

I though if I should say somethin about my suspicions on how Angelo was actin towards me. Then again he didnt really do anything and I dont wanna start no unnecessay drama.