Chapter 44. Gifts

I woke up the next morning in my most favorite place in the world. Being embraced by Tae breathing softly into my neck with his arms wrapped around me, and our fingers intertwined. I smiled to myself knowing that he was actually here like he said he would be. I moved closer to him as he held me tighter, and kissed my neck. He laid his face on mine as I started to drift back to sleep from getting so comfortable again. When I was sleep I started to dream about my mama, and my dad. They were both far away my mom sitting in a chair, and my dad standin over her smiling. Although this was a beautiful dream thats not what really caught my attention. My mama was holding something in her arms, and the closer I got I realized that something was a baby. It was the most georgeous baby I had ever seen in my life with a skin tone exactly like Tae's, and his same beautiful brown eyes. I looked at my parents, and they were both smiling at me as they came closer to embrace me. I started cryin, but not because I was sad, but because I've never been happier. I didnt know how I would feel seeing my father again, but I can honestly say it feels good.

Mariah: Dont cry baby.(she said wipin my tears away)
Yatta: Ma...How...
Mariah: Were always with u, and u should know that.(she smiled)
Yatta: Dad...
Mark: Yatta...im sorry. Not just for puttin u through that, but for everything. I took the easy way out, and left yall when I was needed the most. It was never my intention to hurt either of u.(he said as tears fell from his eyes)

I ran up to him, and hugged him not wanting to let go.

Yatta: I forgive u. With the help of somebody very special to me I learned how to let that go a while ago.
Mark: U mean your boyfriend.(he smiled)
Yatta: Uh...(I didnt really know what to say)
Mark: Its ok son I dont care. He makes u happier than I've ever seen u, and thats all that matters to me.
Yatta: Thanks dad.(I smiled)
Mariah: Yatta we never meant to keep such an important thing from u. U deserved to know, but I never thought this was possible.(she said smilin holding the baby up)
Yatta: Its ok Ma. Is...is that...my baby?

She looked at me smiling as she nodded her head yes.

Mariah: U wanna hold him?
Yatta: Him?(I said takin the baby out of her arms)

When he set his eyes on me my heart melted instantly. First he looked at me with the cutest lost expression before he smiled, and started laughing. He was so handsome just like his dad, and he had my dimples. I looked at his hands, and he even had the same birth mark by his pinky like I did. He was such a happy baby making all kinds of noises, and smiling at me.

Mariah: Aww baby I know u wanted a girl bu-
Yatta: No. He's perfect.(I smiled)
Mark: His daddy got some strong genes.
Yatta: Which one.(I laughed)
Mark: U know what I meant.(he smiled)
Yatta: Yea I know, and your right he does look just like him.
Mark: This boy....Kwantae I think. I like him...Just a little.
Yatta: Well im glad u do because I love him.(I laughed)
Mariah: What your father means to say is u have our blessing, we love u, and were proud of u.
Yatta: Thank u.
Mariah: Remember we'll always be with u baby.(she said kissin my cheek)
Mark: We love u son.
Yatta: What? No wait dont leave yet.

The more I screamed for them to stay the faster they faded away causing me to wake up. When I opened my eyes Tae was still holding me in the same position I fell to sleep in.

Tae: Merry Christmas shawty.(he said groggy)
Yatta: Merry Christmas.(I said sniffing)
Tae: Whats wrong bae?(he asked concerned jumpin up to lookin at me)

I rolled over to face him, and smiled at how worried he had gotten. He was lookin at me confused, and still worried as he wiped my tears.
Yatta: Nothings wrong bae.(I smiled)
Tae: U sure?
Yatta: Me, and Kj are fine bae I promise.
Tae: Kj?(he said confused)
Yatta: Kwantae Jr.(I smiled)
Tae: What u talkin bout shawty?(he laughed)
Yatta: Its a boy bae.