Chapter 53. Trouble part 2

When we got to the neighborhood lookin for the address James had given us the area was really rough. I never thought Florida had places like this considering I've really only seen areas around the school, and my familys houses. I couldnt find the address so I decided to call his phone, but he wouldnt answer.

Lora: I dont see him.(she said lookin around)
Yatta: I dont either.
Lora: Wait there he go.(she said pointin at him off in the distance)
Yatta: James!(I yelled causing him to stop and turn around)

When he turned around my blood started boiling almost instantly. His jaw was kind of red and swollen, he had a busted lip, and a few more minor scratches. I jumped out the car running up to him furious tryna figure out what was going on.

Yatta: What the fuck happened to your face!?(I asked angry and concerned)
Lora: Oh my God James are u ok?(she said examining his face)
James: Its a long story can we just leave.
Yatta: Fuck naw u need to tell me what happened before I call Duke.
James: Yatta please I-
Yatta: James we're not leavin until u tell me something. Have u seen yo damn face dude!?(I asked gettin angrier)
Lora: Yatta just calm down. James sweety what happened?

He stood there quiet lookin at me not wanting to say anything. So I pulled out my phone, and started dialing Dukes number when he snatched the phone out of my hands.

Yatta: Give me the damn phone!(I snapped)
James: Yatta please no man I'll tell u just dont call Duke.(he begged)

I could understand why he wouldnt want me to call him. Duke was on a totally different level of crazy especially when it came to one of us. Since I've been around him he would always say he was the only one that could fuck with us, and anybody else that did thats their ass. He was one of the oldest so I guess he felt it was his duty to protect us since we were younger. I've never seen him in action personally for myself, but I hear that when he snaps...HE SNAPS! Then DJ, Demark, and Reggie dont play either, and I dont even want to start on my uncles. The fact that their all tall as hell, and cocky than a bitch just makes them that much more intimidating.

Yatta: Well what happened?

I could tell that he really didnt feel like talkin about it as he hung his head low and began to speak.

James: I just broke up wit my boyfriend.(he said as I saw tears hittin the pavement)
Lora: Awww James im sorry.(she said huggin him as best I could since he was a giant compared to her)
James: Man im so fuckin stupid. I almost came out at school for him, and everything.(he said lookin up at us sobbing)
Yatta: What happened to your face though?

He hung his head again, but I made him look at me in the eyes so I could tell if he was lying or not.

James: I got jumped.(he said ashamed)
Yatta: WHAT!?(I said gettin angry all over again)
Lora: Aw hell naw im callin Reggie.(she said takin out her phone)
James: No yall please dont.
Lora: What u mean!?(she said startin to get mad with me)
Yatta: James who are u protecting?
James: I know it might sound stupid, but I dont want nothin to happen to him.
Yatta: To who? Who jumped u?
James: It wasnt my ex it was this dude that I caught him with, and his friend.
Lora: So u mean to tell me u got jumped while yo ex just watched, and u still protecting this nigga? James do u hear yourself right now?
James: He had a gun iight!!(he yelled) He said if I told anybody what happened he was gone shoot him, and then come after me. I dont know how long this been goin on, but lately I notice my boyfriend been havin all these strange marks showin up on him. It started a while ago before Christmas when his parents kicked him out. He told me he was stayin with a friend, and not to worry about him. Then he stopped coming to school, and he quite his job so I started gettin worried about him. He told me to meet him at his friends house, but I couldnt stay too long because he wasnt suppose to have nobody over. Thats when this dude showed up with his friend callin him baby askin who the fuck I was, and I was askin him the same thing. Then the dude started hittin on my boyfriend, and thats when I started fightin him to make him stop. I was beatin his ass until his friend jumped in, and when I kept tryna fight back he pulled a gun on me threatin to shoot me as well as my boyfriend.