Chapter 7. Torn between the two

Me and Tae had been spending a lot of time together over the last couple of days. He would offer to take me to, and from all my classes even though I have my own car. It turns out that he really was a totally different person than what I thought. He was suprisingly in school to become a computer technician, and was a full blown mama's boy. I always thought it was so cute when he would call her around me because he turned into a completely different person. He didnt even smoke which I LOVED because I couldnt stand the smell, and that is such a turn off to me. All around he was really a good boy that pretended to be bad. Underneath the thuggish exterior he was just like Quan, sweet and sincere. Is it wrong that im kinda usin him to fill the void and take my mind off of Quan. Its like no matter how much fun I would have wit him my mind always wondered back to juice. Today was one of my free days, and decided to just chill since im being forced to go to the game tonight. Tae came into my room, and snuggled up under me as he got in my bed layin his head on my chest.

Tae: Goodmorning shawty.(he smiled)
Yatta: Morning, why u up so early?
Tae: Just wanted to come lay wit u since u be playin me, and s***t like I cant sleep in here.
Yatta: Cuz u cant.
Tae: Why not though?
Yatta: Cuz I would prolly wake up naked or something.(i laughed)
Tae: Only if u wanted too.(he smiled)
Yatta: Dont u need to be gettin ready for yo class?
Tae: I might not go today because of the game.
Yatta: I swear they treat yall ass like royalty.
Tae: What u mean?
Yatta: Talkin about u damn jocks.
Tae: U could play ball too, I mean u do got the body for it.
Yatta: No thanks, I dont really like sports no more.
Tae: Why not u aint never even played before.
Yatta: Actually I have, my dad taught me how to play when I was younger I just dont like to no more.
Tae: Thats wussup, so what was he like.
Yatta: Who?
Tae: Yo pops.
Yatta: A coward.

He sat up to look at me wit his eyebrows raised.

Tae: Why u say that?
Yatta: I dont really wanna talk about it.
Tae: Come on shawty stop doin that s***t. U always shut the door on me whenever I get one foot in. Why is it that u just cant seem to open up to me?
Yatta: Its just a lot of stuff that I try to forget, and talkin about my family bring those memories back.
Tae: It might help if u talk about it though.
Yatta: Talkin about how f***ked up my past, and my family are just aint something im ready to talk about yet.
Tae: Why not?
Yatta: Why is it so damn important?(i said gettin irritated)
Tae: Because I think your important to me!(he snapped back)

I just looked at him not really knowin what to say. Im not use to havin somebody really care about me like this aside from Quan, and my mama. Before I could respond my phone started to ring, and he looked at me not wantin me to answer it because he saw it was Quan.

Yatta: Hello.
Quan: Wussup lil bit.
Yatta: Nothin chillin.
Quan: Aye u mind if I come over.
Yatta: I dont care.
Quan: Iight im on my way.

I hung up the phone, and Tae got up wit an attitude.

Yatta: Whats wrong wit u?
Tae: Nothin...Im about to be late for class.
Yatta: I thought u wasnt goin?
Tae: I changed my mind seeing as how I aint got a reason to stay no more.
Yatta: Is it because Quan comin over here?
Tae: What the f***k u think Yatta!
Yatta: Why u trippin.
Tae: Because u just keep blowin me off for his ass, and im tired of that s***t.
Yatta: Then stay here and chill wit us.
Tae: I dont wanna f***kin chill wit YALL I wanna chill wit YOU!!
Yatta: Can u please calm down.
Tae: Man i'll see u at the game.(he said walkin to the door)
Yatta: Tae..KWANTAE!!
Tae: WHAT!! What do u want from me all this push, and pull s***t is ge-

I cut him off by kissing him deeply wrappin my arms around his neck. As our tounges explored eachothers mouths he walked me back to the bed, and we fell onto it wit him inbetween my legs. He pulled back to look me in the eyes as I began to speak.

Yatta: Im sorry. I promise ima make more time, and put more effort into u like been doin for me...ok.
Tae: Iigh shawty ima hold u to that.(he smiled)

There was a knock as the door, and he rolled his eyes at the sound. He got up as I walked him to the door so he could go to class. I opened it and Quan was standin right there smilin until he saw Tae behind me.

Tae: U still comin to the game tonight right?
Yatta: Of course I am.
Tae: Iight then ima call u when I get outta class.(he said kissin me)

He walked out goin pass Quan, and they exchanged this look. Quan came inside after giving me a hug and I closed the door. He was lookin bothered by something all of a sudden, and I wanted to know why.

Yatta: Whats wrong wit u?
Quan: So what was that about?
Yatta: We gettin to know eachother thats all.
Quan: So yall go together or some s***t(he said irritated)
Yatta: Something like that.(i said tryin not to blush)
Quan: Oh...Thats koo I guess.
Yatta: So wussup how Jeniece doin?
Quan: She good. U really talkin to that nigga lil bit?
Yatta: Yes juice damn why do u keep askin me that?    Is it something I should know about him?
Quan: I mean, nah but...
Yatta: But what?
Quan: Nothin lil bit...Im happy for u.

It was in this moment that I started to wonder if maybe...Nah thats crazy.

Yatta: U not jealous are u?(i laughed)
Quan: N..Nah...Why would I be?
Yatta: I mean its really always just been me, and u. I know u got yo boys and yo team mates, but we always be together. Now that im talkin to Tae though he might be takin up more of my time.
Quan: What u tryna say u gone put me on the back burner for that nigga?
Yatta: Of course not juice.
Quan: Iight then so what I gotta be jealous of, but I need a huge favor.
Yatta: what?
Quan: I gotta take a drug test before the game tonight.
Yatta: Ok...(i said lookin confused)
Quan: I need u to let me use yo piss.
Yatta: How the f***k am I suppose to do that, and u wouldnt need my s***t if u didnt smoke.
Quan: Man come on lil bit I dont need a lecture are u gone do this for me or not?
Yatta: How do I do it juice.(i said sighin heavy)

He jumped up and hugged me pickin me up.

Yatta: Ok, ok put me down fool.(i laughed)
Quan: I love u lil bit.(he said lookin into my eyes)

I didnt expect him to say that to me, but I said it back without hesitations. The wierdest part was that he was still holdin on to me though. The space between our faces started to decrease as our lips got closer. I realized what was about to happened causin me to jump back outta his grasp. He looked at me kinda hurt, but cleared his throat tryna shake it off. Was he really about to kiss me...Did he mean more than I think when he said he loves me.