Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Groggily, I woke to the sound of soft knocking on the door to our suite.

"Just a minute," Vance called out, scooping me up from the spot where we'd fallen asleep on the rug the night before. Hanging on to him tightly, I giggled quietly and he glanced down at me, amusement in his eyes. "Oops," he added with a whispered chuckle. "Guess we fell asleep naked."

"Hmm. I wonder who's fault that was?"

Smiling, he tucked me into the bed, tucking the covers up to my chin before grabbing his robe and donning it. Hurrying to the door, he answered it, revealing Colin standing outside with another tray of food.

Vance stepped aside to let him enter. "Thanks, Colin," he said as Colin carried the tray over to the area we just vacated, setting it down. "You didn't need to do this for us, though. We would've come down for breakfast."

Colin gave a small smile. "Madame has ordered breakfast for your room during your stay here. She said that was more appropriate for honeymooners."

"Ah, I see." Vance shot me a knowing grin and he winked at me. "Please tell Fiona I said thank you."

"Is there anything else I can get for you this morning, sir?"

"No. I think we're good." Vance replied.

"Very well. Enjoy your breakfast." Vance held the door for Colin, closing it behind him after he exited.

"That was close." I blushed a thousand shades of red at the thought of us nearly being caught sleeping together on the rug. Vance laughed and he retrieved my robe, bringing it over to the bed.

"I think it's funny to see I still have a blushing bride this morning—especially after all your very explicit displays of affection last night." He wasn't going to let me off the hook, baiting me with his teasing. Having him call attention to last night certainly did nothing to ease the state of my flushed skin, and I blushed even harder.

"Don't be embarrassed," he said, bending to kiss my flaming cheek. "Last night was amazing. I loved every second of it."

"Me too," I admitted softly.

"Glad to hear it, because I'm seriously anticipating a repeat performance sometime in the near future." He winked again before going over to the food. "Maybe again tonight—or after breakfast." I wondered if my skin would forever carry the stain of red. Vance constantly had me blushing these days. Slipping into my robe, I tied it as I walked over to join him.

"Would you like a drink?" Vance asked, gesturing to a carafe filled with orange juice on the tray, as well as another bottle of chilled champagne.

"They sent champagne for breakfast? Isn't it a little early in the day to start drinking?"

Vance laughed slightly while he poured a glass of orange juice, handing it to me.

"I think Fiona is enjoying celebrating our nuptials with us," he said with a slight shrug. Grabbing the bottle he popped the cork and proceeded to pour himself a glass. "And I can't think of anything else in the world I'd rather celebrate!" he added with a grin. Lifting his glass, he clinked it against mine and then quickly downed the contents.

Smiling at him, I took a swallow of my fresh-squeezed orange juice, happy he was so content and wanting to celebrate—even if it was way too early to be drinking.

Grabbing my hand, Vance threaded his fingers through mine as we left our room and headed toward the stairs. "So I thought I'd ask Fiona if the two of us could tour the grounds today. Maybe we can find a quiet place that we could practice a little magic together. What do you think?"