♈ Aries ♈

All About Aries
The spring equinox, March 21, is the beginning of the new zodiacal year and Aries, the first sign, is therefore that of new beginnings. The young ram is adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy. The Arian is a pioneer both in thought and action, very open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. They welcome challenges and will not be diverted from their purpose except by their own impatience, which will surface if they don't get quick results.

Aries subjects are courageous leaders with a genuine concern for those they command, being responsible people, it is rare that they will use their subordinates to obtain their own objectives as leaders, but occasionally it does happen. They do not make very good followers because they are too "take charge".

It is preferable to be aware of your pioneering spirit and not disregard it. For in acknowledging it you not only enjoy life more, but you avoid being pushed around by others. Your nature is usually push or be pushed, with little middle ground. This can at times be objectionable to others, but you must have the freedom to act, rather than just thinking about it, getting pent-up in the process.

Mentally Arians are intellectual and objective, but can be in rare situations bigoted and extremist in religion and politics. They are good champions of lost causes and last-ditch resistance. They are quick-witted but sometimes foolhardy and over optimistic, lacking thoroughness and the ability to evaluate difficulties in the undertakings into which they often rush impulsively.

Much as you are the Ram, there is still the little lamb in you, which means that at times you would attain your goals more easily by gently giving in without resistance to the demands of a given social situation, rather than getting your horns entangled in something larger and more powerful than yourself.

Symbol: The Ram;

Element: Fire;

Gemstone: Diamond;

Color: Red;

Ruling Planet: Mars - the planet of war and energy;

Body Part: Head;

Good Day: Energetic, encouraging, unstoppable, bold, devoted, heroic, caring;

Bad Day: Proud, self-centered, impulsive, bossy, stubborn, reckless, jealous;

Likes: Video games, new clothes, road trips (in fast red cars), mind games, expressing themselves through conversation, action, spontaneity;

Dislikes: Sharing their toys, being ignored, cramped spaces, losing, the word "no", waiting around, admitting failure, other peoples advice;

Strength: You overcome fear with courage.

Weakness: You don't finish what you start.

Secret Wish: To be number one.

Best Suited Careers: Sportscaster, surgeon, adventurer, entrepreneur, stock broker, law enforcement officer, producer, emergency medical technician, public relations executive.

The Perfect Gift: The best gifts for an Aries are athletic items, clothing, or work-related things.

How to Spot Them: High foreheads, focused or manic energy, aggressive stance.

Where You'll Find Them: Earning a fifth degree black belt, writing and producing a solo album, working on Wall Street, trying out for American Idol.

Most Compatible Matches: Aries is most compatible with bold, independent and free-thinking Air signs, Aquarius and Gemini.

Least Compatible Matches: Bold Aries is least compatible with sensitive Water signs Cancer and Pisces, and with stubborn Taurus and Capricorn.

Famous People: Lady Gaga (singer), Emma Watson (actor), Sir Elton John (musician), Christopher Walken (actor), Marlon Brando (actor), Steven Seagal (actor), Hugh Hefner (publisher), David Letterman (TV host), Charles Chaplin (comedian);