♍Vɨʀɢօ♍

All About Virgo
Virgo is the only zodiacal sign represented by a female. It is sometimes thought of as a potentially creative girl, delicately lovely; sometimes as a somewhat older woman, intelligent but rather pedantic and spinsterish. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgoan preciseness, refinement, fastidious love of cleanliness, hygiene and good order, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient, practical supporters of the status quo, and tend toward conservatism in all departments of life. On the surface they are emotionally cold, and sometimes this goes deeper, for their habit of suppressing their natural kindness may in the end cause it to atrophy, with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and those they do make they are careful to keep superficial.

But the outward lack of feeling may, in some individuals born under this sign, conceal too much emotion, to which they are afraid of giving way because they do not trust others, nor do they have confidence in themselves and their judgments. This is because they are conscious of certain shortcomings in themselves of worldliness, of practicality, of sophistication and of outgoingness. So they bring the art of self concealment to a high pitch, hiding their apprehensiveness about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under a mantle of matter-of-factness and undemonstrative, quiet reserve. They are still waters that run deep. Yet in their unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well spoken, wise and witty, with a good understanding of other people's problems which they can tackle with a practicality not always evident in their own personal relationships.

They are intellectually enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues. Also, although they are realists, they may slow down projects by being too exact.

Their minds are such that they need the stimulus of practical problems to be solved rather than the mere routine or working to set specifications that need no thought.

Symbol: The Virgin;

Element: Earth;

Gemstone: Sardonyx;

Color: Green and dark brown;

Ruling Planet: Mercury - the planet of communication;

Body Part: Stomach, waist, digestive system;

Good Day: Dedicated, resourceful, helpful, hardworking, witty, practical;

Bad Day: Preachy, self-destructive, overwhelmed, self-pitying, uptight, critical;

Likes: Health foods, lists, hygiene, order, outdoor concerts, childhood friends;

Dislikes: Lazy or vulgar people, leaving home, hazards to health, being uncertain;

Strength: Your ability to focus your attention.

Weakness: Your need for perfection gets in the way of enjoyment.

Secret Wish: To be a hero.

Best Suited Careers: Tax auditor, nutritionist, naturopath, professional housecleaner, executive assistant, statistician, archivist, systems analyst, technician.

The Perfect Gift: The best gifts for a Virgo are health-related items.

How to Spot Them: Baby faces, roving eyes that are sizing up or analyzing a situation.

Where You'll Find Them: Babysitting for the neighbor's kids, running errands on their endlessly long to-do lists, building something with their own two hands, cleaning something to spotless condition.

Most Compatible Matches: Sincere Virgo is a great match for emotional Pisces and like-minded Earth signs Taurus and Capricorn.

Least Compatible Matches: Earthy, practical Virgo is least compatible with breezy Air signs, including eccentric Aquarius, erratic Gemini and changeable Libra.

Famous People: River Phoenix (actor), Sean Connery (actor), Gloria Estefan (singer), Charlie Sheen (actor), Mother Teresa (humanitarian), Buddy Holly (singer), Michael Jackson (singer), Richard Gere (actor), Peter Lynch (stock investor);