Affair

The sweet flavour of pumpkin soup and wine is potent on Elizabeth's expert gliding tongue. The vibrations from her every moaning plea creates a swimming sensation in my stomach.

For this minute I feel the cracks of my world fall apart and I'm awake in a vivid sea of colour. My lungs fill with new breath although I am no longer breathing. I strain to stand on the very tips of my toes just to try and drink from what seems to have become my life source.

My head floats with sensations and for this minute Elizabeth is mine and I am Elizabeth's.

God! Liz has me waxing lyrical about her.

However just as that minute starts it falls just as quickly away as Liz reluctantly pulls back.

The lawyer looks at me vulnerable and searching asking: "We'll work something out?"

"We'll work something out." Is the rushed answer I give while leaning forward to capture her lips yet again.

My girlfriend takes charge of the kiss and without breaking contact she guides us to the bed and grabs my slim waist deepening the kiss.

We ignore the bumping furniture as she greedily engulfs my body. It's like she is trying to get all of me in that moment and not wanting a drop to go to waste.

My throat vibrates with moans as Liz unknowingly grinds against my pelvis. We push and pull into each other - fighting to consume the other whole.

My mindless hand roams the side of her arm and travels down her waist, to her hips and returns to her back. The curvy contours of her body make me wonder how I could have ever thought I could live without this.

The shit-eating grin on my lips appears of its own accord as the bubbling emotions escape through my mouth. I'm so happy I feel close to bursting. I exclaim:
"We'll work something out!"

We giggle. An honest to God giggle escapes the attorney's mouth. The reading lamp crashes to the floor from Liz spinning our positions so that my back is now on the drawer. From this position she begins pressing her thigh between my legs. My body reflexes into a whimper as I close my eyes into her shoulder

Liz continues to tease my centre, whilst simultaneously alternating between nibbling, pulling, sucking and kissing my neck. My breath is laboured as I revel in the electricity that shoots through my toes, to my neck, to my hands; to the knots in my abdomen.

"Shhhh, Abby." Liz mischievously grins. "Jesus woman. I thought you were breaking up with me."

"Well you hadn't kissed me then" I quip. Admitting to myself that I may never be able to get enough of this woman.

I craved and wanted to touch, taste and see all of her at once and couldn't wait any longer.

Forcefully, I'm dragged onto the bed but Liz clumsily topples over the side and falls with a loud thump and a surprised 'ow!'

I realise I should probably help her up but my hormones have a mind of their own. Instead I follow her to the floor and straddle her magnificently splayed form on the floor.

All I want is to get back the burning sensations that Liz had made me feel just a few seconds ago.

When I lean in to nibble her earlobe, her eyes close as my hair lightly strokes across her aquilline nose.

"ABIGAIL IS EVERYTHING OKAY IN THERE!!!" My father shouts frantically behind the door.

Elizabeth looks up panic stricken from me to the door.

She quickly jumps up from under me, over the bed to the opposite wall, whilst adjusting the buttons on her dress. At the same time I scramble to my feet, replacing the reading lamp, fixing the bed spread and anything else I could think of that was out of place.

I don't know why we're hiding what we were doing. After all they already knew - isn't that what this meeting was about.

I'd gotten so consumed with Liz's touch that I'd forgotten to be angry at them- at her.

My lover looks splendid in her lipstick smeared cheeks and heavy breathing. She gives me a small smile that seems to say: thank you. I'm not sure what she's thanking me for.

Holding out her hand she pulls me to the wooden door and gives me one last silent kiss as our breathing calms.

We can hear the worried voices outside as dad continues to bang the surface:

"You think she's alright?" I hear.

"This could be bad for the campaign." There's nothing to do except roll my eyes at Andy's silly comment.

"I hope she hasn't hurt her."

"Oh don't be silly Abigail's not the type to... well maybe.."

"ABIGAIL OPEN THIS DOOR!!" My father demands forcefully banging the door more loudly in desperation.

Behind the barrier Liz smilingly rolls her eyes as she turns the handle to peek through and greet the frightened faces.

"Oh stop with the racket. We're perfectly fine."

"Let me see her then." I hear my mother's voice cautiously attempt to peek behind Liz.

"Honestly! Mom. You think so little of me?" I inquire.

A smooth carefree laugh makes itself known from Liz as she widens the door. It's one of those laughs rarely seen outside of our bedroom.

It seems she's feeling relaxed enough to let her guard down.

"I'm so happy to know you let me alone in the same room with your daughter whom you think capable of murder."

"56 percent of women in prison are in there because of crimes of passion. I wouldn't put it past any human. Even my daughter Liz." My father helpfully announces.

"See why I stay away from this place?" I say.

"Soooo! Shall we continue this tete-a-tete downstairs?" The obnoxious campaig manager interjects.

"No need." I respond. "I get my freetime as my time. I want a relaxed security detail. I'll stay in my apartment not the white house. I'll be working on a book of portaits that will allow me to be in Liz's orbit without arousing suspicion. I get Christmas and Valentine's day and my birthday with her. That's not negotiable!"

Everybody mulls over my demands. My dad especially gives Liz an almost congratulatory look that I can't figure out.

"Liz?" My mother double checks.

Looking at me with a stupid admiration in her eyes the lawyer smiles and says: "Whatever she wants."

Andy, the insignificant party in this conversation, yells: "Perfect."

And I can't help but think: yes she is.