Affair

Abigail
16 October 2016
Sunday 19:13pm
3 days before debate day

Heated candles intensify the mix of the light, purifying jasmine and sweet lavender scent that lingers in my living room.

I haven't been able to paint a damn thing today. My body has incessantly been thrumming with need for Liz's touch.

So much so that in excitement for our scheduled visit, I might have gotten carried away with my temporary deco.

Two skinny champagne flutes, housing pink liquid promises of bubbly, stand invitingly on the coffee table.
My square, grey couch is dressed in white Lilies that seem to giggle at my childish nervousness.

Even the short lavender and jasmine candles perfectly cast a warm glow in the dimly lit room.

It's a little romantic, I know.

Honestly, I've been agonising over whether to do this or not but Liz has been stressed lately and I want to make her forget about everything and indulge in a little fantasy tonight.

And the expression on her face is everything I could have hoped for as she walks tote bag in hand through the door.

"What's this?" she says with a controlled smile.

My involuntary shrug and the boyish smile, blossoming uninvited on my face, gives my apprehension away:

"Do you like it?" I ask.

"God, Ab," she sighs and looks around in disbelief.

Her chocolate eyes pass over the set-up in awe until finally landing on mines.

"I love it."
Her voice catches and wisps out of her throat like a ghosts whisper.

It's almost as if, if she speaks aloud, she's afraid she'll disturb the oxygen.

"Good!" I release my breath and hold my hand out for her to come closer.

"'Cause if you didn't, I'd have to throw myself through the window from mortification."
Our hands finally meet and the warmth of her palm travels to my core.

"Come on then," I drag her smiling. "You have a massage waiting for you in my room."

Instead of following me, as I'd anticipated, Liz stands rooted to her position and gently yanks my hand back to her.

My half drawn eyebrows communicate my confusion at her action.

I watch my lover's waxed eyebrows meet in conversation with a furrowed brow.

It's not an expression I've seen on Liz's face before. It's as if she is amused at something she herself can't quite figure out.

Her top lip curves into a confused smile and trembles slightly as I wait expectantly for her to share her thoughts.
However, when she pulls me closer to her, I know Liz has opted not to voice them as usual.

Instead, the attorney kisses me on the corner of my lip, and slouches onto my neck with a sigh.

"A massage would be great."

"Mmmm, ohhhh, God!"

Groans from Liz, as I rub tension out of her back, have me uncomfortably wet on top of her behind.

"You were saying?" I ask, trying to keep my voice controlled.

We're both naked. Liz because I'm giving her a massage and me, well, for me its just so I can feel her velvet skin ebb against mine.
Fortunately, the musky aroma that is Liz let's me know that I'm not the only one in the room that's affected by my kneading.