Dangerous

Elizabeth
12 October 2016 - 23:34pm

My heart beats furiously as I dial the Washington code for Will's residence.

Dammit Will pick up! I think as my eyes glare at the offensive image on my screen.

My vision teeters and blurs with rage as the ring of the phone continues with no answer.

Dammit Will! What kind of politician goes to sleep two weeks before debate night.

Clearly there is no reaching him at least not tonight.

I'll just have to forward him the email incognito.

I stagger back to the couch still in disbelief.

My hands cradle my mouth because I don't know what else to do with my body.

I'm staring at an image of a couple with a backdrop of a graveyard.

A middle aged brunette stares lovingly at the other. Both their faces are coloured in tears.

One of the young woman's hands rests on the brunettes neck.

Lips inches apart from each other. They look like they're about to kiss.

The graveyard is empty. The funeral party seems to have abandoned them as they share their moment kneeling on the freshly laid dirt.

The picture is clear. It must have been taken with one of those fancy zoom lenses.

There's no mistaking the subjects of the photograph.

There's no mistaking the brown wisps of the presidential candidates daughter being intimate with a grief stricken states attorney at the funeral of Justice Paul Masey.