Chapter 9 " Cake, Wine and Honesty "

DJ's POV

Jordan and I were suppose to attend a party at Angelo's place, we had it planned a few days ago. But the moment Mom told me that they'll be having a dinner at Kath's place, I suddenly change my mind. I wanted to come. So here I am sitting beside her.

I kept glancing her way and I can't help it. Her face looks so smooth and she's not wearing any make up on, and she has a smile on her face and she's listening intently to what my mom was saying, suddenly I felt someone nudge me.

Jordan: Kuya baka matunaw yan.

He said to me while whispering. I was caught on  act, I just gave him a smirk and I resume eating.

I must say the foods are all good. Hands up to Tita Min especially to Kath. I remember her telling me way back then that when she grow up she wanted to become a famous chef one day and I can see that she's already slowly achieving those dream.

Kath: I still need to finish my internship tita...

They were talking about her studies.

Mom: That's nice! I know some company who accept interns If you need help let me know I'll talk to them.

Kath: Wow thanks tita.. Sige po I'll let you know.

*******

After the dinner our parents are having wine and cake in the living room. While the boys are here in Kevin's room watching basketball. I wonder where Kath is and what she's doing.

" I'll just use the washroom " I informed them.

Nakita ko si Kath, and she's in the balcony all by herself having wine and a slice of mango bravo na dala namin ni Jordan. I approach her and when I get near her narinig ko na may kausap siya sa cellphone.

Kath: They are still here bestie... Nasa baba pa sila Tita and Tito while the boys are in Kevin's  room... Yeah... You should have come.... Well he's not here. 

The caller on the other line was saying something and she's just listening.

Kath: I'm a little bit disappointed on him. Pero ano ba magagawa ko you know it's his passion... Uhuh.. Yes...

I know that they are talking about her  boyfriend, he's suppose to be here but she said he needs to be somewhere else.  I don't want to be caught eavesdropping so I turn my back and was about to go inside when I heard her call my name.

Kath: DJ?... Ahmmm bestie can I call you later?.. Ok ... bye.

She ended the call and she get up from her seat.

" Hi Kath. Sorry to disturb you. Mind if I join you? "

Kath: Ha.... Ahmm.. Sure. You want wine?.. Or cake? Just a sec I'll get you one.

She's about to go when I grabbed her arm.

" I don't need anything else. Just stay here with me. "

That was just my blunt request on her, and she oblige. Umupo ulit siya and she resume on drinking her wine. I keep on staring at her and I can't help it.