Chapter 14 " Crash and Burn "

DJ's POV

Isn't ironic that the only person who can make you really happy is the same person who makes you sad?

That's exactly what I am feeling now when I heard Kath said that she loved me before but already moved on. It's like a hundreds of knife were stabbing  me.

It's different on my part. I'm still in the same situation. I still love her. I am in love with her but this time I can't tell it to her because she already have someone. A boyfriend that she loves.

I went home last night broken hearted. Sabi niya sana daw makahanap na'ko ng girl na para sa akin?.. If she only knew it's her that I only want no one else. But might as well have to be happy that she still let me in. That we're still friends and that I can still spend some time with her, that would be enough.

I hit the gym this morning to keep my mind occupied then I went to starbucks to grab my coffee.

Pag pasok ko pa lang I saw her back and she's ordering at the counter. I knew it was her. I was just standing behind her and I was about to let my presence known when I noticed that she's looking for her wallet and I think she forgot it at home, so I just do what I have to do. I paid for her order.

Kath: DJ.. Ahhm.. Thank you.. Nakakahiya naman ikaw na naman nag bayad.. I didn't know I forgot my wallet.

She explained

" Bal.. It's nothing. It's always my pleasure. Oo nga pala don't you have class today? "

Kath: Yes I have.. but we were dismissed earlier.

We took our order and we took the seat on the far corner of the coffee shop. She offered me half of her flatbread but I refused to take it, she seems hungry.

" I texted you last night when I got back home.. "

Kath: Oh shoot!... Really.. Actually natulog agad ako kagabi.. And I haven't check my phone since this morning..

She explained while getting her phone out of her bag. She must have a lot of texts and missed calls from her boyfriend.. I saw how her face changed from excitement to confusion..?

Kath: No text and call from him.. ?

She blurted out. She's talking about her musician boyfriend.

She hit the call button and I think he's not answering.. She tried once, twice and thrice until she gave up and ended up texting him.

" Maybe he's just busy. I am sure he'll call you when he'll get a chance."

Kath: Baka nga busy lang.. Anyway.. Ikaw saan ka galing? Looks like you just got out of the shower..

The last part she said it like a whisper.. And she's blushing?? ...

" I hit the gym this morning that's why"

Kath: Oh... Nothing's keeping you busy I see..

" Sa ngayon wala pa pero probably after a month I might get busy.. "

Kath: And why is that?

" I need to help my parents on the business. They gave me a position on DC Global Company..  "