Chapter 39 " The Touch "

KATH'S POV

Everyone says that love hurts, but that's not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Everyone confuse these things with love, but in reality, love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again.

I lost myself in love but then again I found myself in love, and that's because of my daughter, Sky.

" Suddenly the fairy appeared and waved her magic wand. In a flash, Cinderella appeared in a splendid dress, shining with youth and beauty. Her stepmother and stepsisters gaped at her in amazement, and the ministers said, "Come with us Cinderella! The Prince is waiting for you." So Cinderella married the Prince and lived happily ever. "

As I closed the book I glance down and noticed that she already had her eyes closed. I leaned down and gave her a  kiss.

" Good night sweetie. Mommy loves you so much "

I adjusted her blanket and I was about to stand when I heard her talk.

Sky: Mommy?

" I thought you were already asleep? "

Sky: Does Prince Charming exist?

" Well mostly Prince Charming are on fairy tales but when someone found their true love, I believe he could be their Prince Charming. "

Sky: I see.. So bestie ninang found her Prince Charming then?

" Yes that's true! Because she and uncle Patrick will get married tomorrow. So... You have to sleep now because tomorrow will be a busy day for us. "

I saw that she was in deep thoughts as she stares at me.

Sky: Will I get to see my Dad tomorrow?

I knew from the start I shouldn't have led her on. When she first asked me about her dad I didn't know what to say, so I told her that her dad works far away. It is somehow true but this dad of her doesn't even know that she exist. Every time she asked me about him, there was always this sudden pain in my heart. I keep on telling her that her dad is here in the Philippines. Now the problem is we are here. Her dad is just here. So near yet he might be far.

I felt my eyes watered. I wipe it away with the back of my hand as I cleared my throat and answered her.

" I'm not sure if daddy will come sweetie.... But your uncles will be there!   So we better sleep now. We don't want to miss your bestie ninang's wedding! "

She turned sideways and I can see that she's still awake.

We will get through this Sky. You and me we will get through this.

I noticed that she doesn't have Miss Pinky with her. Maybe that's why she can't sleep. I look around the bed to find her favorite teddy but it's not here. That's impossible. She normally sleep with Miss Pinky. I look on our luggage and it's not even there.

" Where's Miss Pinky?... "

I was talking to myself when I heard Sky answered me.