6. Partners

Chapter 6

The bell for school rang too soon and I found myself walking the hallways with Erin in white skinny jeans and a plain black tee. On my feet were a pair of black high cut converse.

Even though I kept my head down, people still recognised me and I received countless sneers and mockery, but no one touched me, yet – wait till Erin’s gone, then we’ll see.

Erin glared at each of them who shouted a rude remark, making them turn their heads in fear. Yup, most of the students who went to this school had reputable parents, and they all feared Erin. Kudos to her.

We stepped into class just as the bell rang. The Arden Gang was already there, Craig and Zach laughing among themselves while Arden sat quietly, bored. Erik’s head was plopped on the table, and he was fast asleep.

“Hi Annabeth!” Zach yelled across the room with a little wave, making the girls in the class glare at me.

I turned away as Erin flipped him off, going to our seats where Isabella was waiting.

“Hey Annabeth, hi Erin.” She said cheerily.

We greeted her just as Ms Sanders walked in.

“Today, we are going to learn map reading. But before that, I am going to group you in pairs. You guys are supposed to test each other on places on the map, and the other will point out directions to it.” The silent class became noisy as everyone turned to their friends, signalling partnership.

“Now, before you get excited, I am going to have to group you, since you will have to do an assignment together, which will be counted in your GPA.”

She paused for a minute as almost everyone in class groaned. She looked at them, her eyes resting on Erik who was still asleep.

“Erik Kerr,” she said sternly. “You get your head off that table right this minute.”

There were giggles in the class as Erik ignored her.

Then, Zach nudged him hard in the arm.

“Oww! Hey man, what the hell was that for?” he jumped, annoyed.

When he noticed Ms Sanders looking at him, he grinned sheepishly.

“Sorry Ma’am, please continue.”

I think there was someone controlling my body, because there was a hint of a smile on my lips. Before anyone noticed, I wiped the smile off my face, replacing it with a frown instead.

“When I call your name, please move to the table next to your partner.”

“James Lukas, Quinn Lavvey.”

“Hannah Ryan, Erin Parker.”

There were sounds of movement of chairs as Erin groaned. After what happened with Paige yesterday, she hated her clique of friends, including Hannah.

“Move bitch.” Hannah said to me and she came to take my place, sending Erin an overly friendly smile which she returned with a glare. I scowled at her, and stood up, unwilling to take Hannah’s previous place beside Paige.

“Isabella Ray, Erik Kerr.”

Finally, my name was called.

“Annabeth Hale, Joanna Brooklyn.” I almost did a happy dance there.

No Arden Gang, hooray!

“Lastly, Paige Sunfrey and Arden Vander.”

Paige sent me a triumphant smirk, before standing up to move beside Arden.

“Ms Sanders, I’d like a switch.” A voice called out.

I turned to where it came from. Arden.

Paige stopped in her tracks.

“I’m afraid you can’t, Arden. It’s already planned and like I said –“

“What if I get my dad to write in?” he threatened, eyes lacking humanity.

Ms. Sanders looked uncomfortable for a bit, before finally accepting Arden’s request.

“And who would you like to work with, Mr. Vander?”

He smirked and looked straight at me.

“Annabeth Hale.”

-x-

Aww crap I know it's kinda short. But it was 3 pages on words! :(

Thanks for continuing to read. ^_^ next part will be better I promise. I added in some Arden's POV, check it out in the next chapter!

I actually fainted in the train yesterday cuz for a while I couldn't breathe. They took me to the staffroom where they offered me a hot cup of milo and biscuits. The train staff were really nice. But now I developed a phobia of trains so I'm staying home for the next few days. You can expect more frequent updates!!

okay you must be bored now.

Vote + comment if you want to!! Thanks!

<3