7. Threat

Take note of the change in POV! first time in Arden's POV, let me know whatcha think!

Chapter 7

Annabeth's POV

I straightened in my seat, staring at Arden, unable to believe my ears. Everyone turned to look at me, including Paige who had the death stare.

“What the hell?” She yelled before stomping her feet back to her seat.

No no no no Ms. Sander, please say no.

The geography teacher seemed thoughtful for abit, before letting Arden have his way. Why did she have to look thoughtful for?! It only gave me hope that she was about to say no.

“Very well. Annabeth, please move over beside Arden, and Paige, you can pair with Joanna.”

Reluctantly, I stood up and practically dragged my foot to the table beside Arden. I glanced around the room. The girls were glaring at me while Craig and Zachary gave me an amused look. I turned to stare at Arden hatefully.

“What do you want?” I asked in an angry whisper.

Ms. Sanders was busy giving out the maps while everyone was busy talking among themselves, so it was unlikely that Ms. Sanders or anyone in this class will hear our conversation. However, instead of whispering back, Arden replied in his normal tone.

“You’re good in geography, aren’t you?” he asked coldly, ignoring my question.

“Err.. no?”

He just stared at me as though I was stupid.

“What?!” My brain was shaking with anger.

“You’re gonna do this on your own, including the assignment. Now do it well, I want a good grade.” He ordered, ignoring me again.

No wayyy. If this boy thinks I would back down so easily, he's got the wrong girl.

I leaned in and whispered in his right ear.

“You’re messing with the wrong girl, Mr. Vander. There is nooooo way I’m gonna do the work for you and share the grade with you.” Then I leaned back, folding my arms across my chest. “If you want the grade, do your part or I’m telling on you.”

Arden’s POV

Was I mistakened? Paige? Did Joanne Sanders just group me with the school’s biggest slut? Not that it mattered. It was just that this girl would never miss the chance to come near me. She acted like she owned me, like I was her man, and that’s what I hated most, someone who thought she had the authority over me.

I glanced over to Annabeth, she was so pretty, brown hair tied into a low side pony with a ribbon. She wore a pretty black tshirt which showed off her figure, and white skinny jeans. Her feet were tucked into a black high cut converse shoes.

I watched as her blue eyes sparkled, all smiles when she heard she was going to partner Joanna, probably because Joanna was a timid girl who would never dare bully her.

I shook my head. What was wrong with me? Usually, I would never give a poor girl a second look. I mean, her parents were no one, so she probably isn’t rich right? She wouldn’t make a good girlfriend. Dad wouldn’t like her either. I don’t even know how she got into this school anyway.

Furthermore, she and her best friend humiliated me on the first day of school. Great. I would take this happiness away from her.

I spoke up.

“San–“ I almost called her by her name. Thankfully, I doubt anyone noticed. “Ms Sanders, I’d like a switch.”

Paige stopped in her tracks.