12. pArden me?

A little of Arden's POV. There'll be a change of POV in the middle. Do take note!! Thanks!! ^_^

Chapter 12

Arden’s POV.

What was I thinking? Going so close to Annabeth like that. It was a good thing she escaped, because if she hadn’t, I don’t know what I would’ve done. Taking a moment to calm my nerves, I went down to hang out around the deejay with Erik and Zach.

We had been hanging around there the whole time, it was better to be together. I mean, it’s better to have each other when girls are crazy over you, then the attention won’t solely be focused on you. Craig? That boy’s got his eyes on Erin Parker, I can tell, though I’m not so sure of this was a just fling or not.

Anyway the reason I agreed to help find them in the first place was because I didn’t really want Craig with Parker. I mean, she shouldn’t know too much about us, The Arden Gang, as people call us. I don’t want our business all over the papers everyday.

Tonight I’m Loving You was playing on the speakers, and Zach suggested we go dance. Since Erik agreed, I don’t think I had any reason to say no. So we made our way through the crowd, let me say it wasn’t an easy feat, squeezing and occasionally getting hit on while we moved towards the dance floor. Then suddenly I stopped, making Erik and Zach stop from behind me.

Scott Greyford and Josh Cranbell were there, their hands all over a girl. Annabeth. Scott had his lips on hers, and his hands were slowly creeping up her legs. I could tell Annabeth looked uncomfortable, for she was struggling, but movement wasn’t permitted for her hands were cuffed by Josh’s hands.

I felt the heat rising in me. How dare they?

“Damn man.” Zach said, from behind me.

“Beat the hell outta them.” I said, and without delay, I made my way briskly to where the three of them were.

Zach and Erik pried them away from her, and Scott was on the floor within seconds. Erik, being the more gentle one, just held on to Josh so that he couldn’t move.

“Keep your filthy hands of her.” I heard Zach say as he threw Scott another punch.

Annabeth was staring, wide eyed at all of them. Putting an arm around her shoulder, I led her towards the quieter part of the room, while ordering a girl in a too tight dress to get her some warm water.

“You okay?” I asked, watching her worriedly.

Why wouldn’t I be? Those guys had their hands all over her! Didn’t they know that she was mine.. to bully? How could they touch her like that? I may not know Annabeth very well, but I sure as hell knew she wasn’t that kind of girl. Folding my arms, I frowned at the image of Scott Greyford kissing her.

“I- I..” she stuttered abit, before with settling with a “Yeah.”

 “Those bastards.” I snarled. “I’ll make sure Zach kills them.” My temper was starting to boil as once again, I thought about those two boys. Clenching my fist, I started to walk towards the dance floor, but a small, cold hand held out and caught mine.

“What?” I turned around to glare at her.

“Don’t. They had much to drink.”

Was she speaking up for them? What? Did she enjoy being touched like, like a prostitute? They had to much to drink? What kind of excuse was that?!

“So? That doesn’t mean they should go around messing with innocent girls.” I spat at her.

Annabeth shook her head.