15. Meeting Magdalene

From Chapter 14

“Thank you, Arden.” I murmured as I took a deep breath, inhaling his scent as my eyes closed and I was sucked into deep sleep.

Chapter 15

“Honey, wake up.” I was awakened to my mom’s gentle shaking.

The sun was already up so it took quite some time for my eyes to adjust to the brightness.

“Mom!” I gasped, sitting up.

Once again, memories of the previous night drifted into my memory. The carnival, Erik, the library, Arden-

“Arden!” I gasped again, turning my head, looking around for him.

I spotted him, leading against the wall a few feet away from me, looking stunning as ever. His green eyes were sleepy and his hair was slightly messy, making him look so darn cute! He smirked, knowing that I was checking him out. I turned back to my mom quickly with a flush on my face and introduced the two.

“Mom, this is Arden. Arden, this is my mom.”

I stepped aside as Arden came up to shake my mom’s hand.

“Hi Ms... umm..”

“Just call me Magdalene.” My mom replied, smiling brightly at him.

“Magdalene, I’m Arden Vander, it’s nice to meet you. I’m sorry I got your daughter stuck outside last night.” He greeted with a slight bow. He looked really confident, but if you paid attention like I did, you’d notice his fists were clench and the way he spoke was different. I don’t know in what way, but it was just different.

“Hi Arden, that’s okay. Thank you for keeping her company the whole night. This neighbourhood, it isn’t exactly very safe.” She chuckled. “Please, come in for some breakfast.”

“Mom...” I groaned, looking for an excuse to not let him in.

“It’s okay ma’am, I have to get going as well. Thank you for the offer though.”

“Oh come on, just breakfast. It’s the least I can do to thank you.” She insisted.

“Mom, he doesn’t wan- wait, what time is it?” I asked.

“8.12am, why?”

“What?!” I shrieked, my eyes widening. “What about Erin, and school. I’m late, oh God.”

“She came over just now, I told her you were skipping today.” Arden shrugged, not seeing a big deal.

“Why would you do that?!” I glared up at him.

“Figured you needed the extra sleep.”

I groaned. I was already late, there was nothing I could do anymore so why bother arguing. Picking my bag from the floor, I dragged my feet towards the house.

“Stay for breakfast.” I said, not bothering to look behind before stepping into the house.

Unlike what I expected, Arden came in seconds later. He looked around with a thoughtful look on his face as I started to feel conscious. Why the hell did I invite him in? Arden Vander was as rich as rich can be, he was going to judge me when he saw what our house was like.

Was it as small as his toilet? Would he feel uncomfortable? Would he leave straight away?

Once again, he caught me by surprise.

“You have a really beautiful house, Magdalene.”

My mom, having been praised, decided to give him a tour of the house as I followed behind.