10. Party

From chapter 9:

I groaned once again, not looking forward to Saturday.

Chapter 10

Sometimes I feel like the more you want time to slow down, the faster it moves. It sucks how life works against you all the time.

Before I knew it, Friday passed and Saturday came in an instant. I woke up at 2.00p.m. It wasn’t my fault I couldn’t sleep the night before, worrying about the party later. How was I gonna go? With Erin or with The Arden Gang?

I mentally cursed myself. Of course with Erin. The Arden Gang didn’t even know where I live, how could they pick me up?

So many times I thought about calling Erin and telling her I was sick. But I know I couldn’t. My life was already hell at Heatherfield, if I were to skip this, I don’t know what would happen. I took Alexandra’s words very seriously. I shouldn’t challenge them for my own good.

Picking up my phone, I had three text messages and 1 missed call from Erin. This girl...

Rise & shine Darling! I’m coming over at 3 & we’ll go tgt!

I groaned and clicked the next.

A, r u still sleeping >:-(

And the last one,

If u’re not up by two I am sooo gonna come over & wake u up in the most agonizing way. Get up sleepy head!

I smiled. Erin was such an adorable best friend. I decided to reply her before she did come over and wake me up in the most agonizing way ever.

I’m up I’m up what’s the rush? X.

Shaking my head, I left my phone on the table before heading to the washroom to freshen myself up. Then I went down for breakfast. Okay, I mean lunch.

Mom had left for the shop since 8.00 a.m. so I had to prepare my own lunch, as usual. Feeling lazy, I cooked myself a cup of instant noodles, before plopping myself on the sofa infront of the telly. X factor USA was on. It was one of my favourite shows.

Since young I used to imagine myself being a judge on these kind of shows. But now I wasn’t quite sure anymore. Being a judge had its own pros and cons, and I couldn’t take how those who didn’t get in cry. Some of these people were in situations like myself. They weren’t rich, they came in with hopes of winning the five million dollars cash prize to help their family. And when they weren’t chosen, it was so heart wrenching.

I was so self-absorbed in the show that I didn’t hear the doorbell ring for the first time. It was until Erin started banging on the door and shouting my name before I finally got up.

She had a frown on her face.

“Oh finally, A.”

She barged in, her shoulder bag bulky with items.

“Ha ha, sorry E. I was at Chicago.”

I grinned at her and her frown lifted into a smile as she grinned back at me.

“Oh I forgot, X factor again, huh?”

I nodded, before going back to the sofa to continue the show. Erin followed me, lugging the bag with her.

“Uh huh. What’s in that bag anyway?” I asked, my eyes glued to the telly.

“Clothes?”

“What for? I have my own and you always wear them too.”