Chapter 22. Sorrow

THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

3RD POV

The girl ran through the streets, buildings empty and windows broken, fires all around her. She was looking for her mom. It had all started two hours ago when ninja found the guards at the gate dead.

They sounded the alarm and the Village Hidden in the Shadows immediately went to war with whoever dared enter their village with bad intentions.

Now the girl ran past dead ninja from her village and unknown beings lying in pools of purple blood. She would have been terrified if she hadn't been looking for her mother. For a three year old, she was strong, and she would never stop being strong.

She was untrained, and running through a battle zone, prepared to fight if anyone decided to attack her.

Her and her mother were in the village for a visit, her mother looking to talk to the clan's council members, whom her grandparents were the leaders of. In order to strike an alliance with the Hidden Mist village, her mother had to move to the village where she was born.

The silver-headed girl wondered where the back up they called for from the mist village was, it was only an hours travel and it had been an hour and thirty minutes since they sent word for help. And it only took twenty minutes for the hawks to get to the village by air.

"Mommy!" She called out when she skidded to a stop at their home in the center of the village, it was untouched, the enemy had not reached that far into the village just yet. She opened the door to the house, finding her mother trying to talk to their aunt.

"I will not leave this village until this enemy is defeated!" Her aunt wrapped steal guards around her wrists and put her vest over her torso.

"It's too risky! We have to get you into hiding!" Yuki Teruo tried to reason with the woman.

"The point in me being the secret weapon is for me to protect this village! Isn't that the only reason why we have this beast in the first place!" The woman growled, wrapping her weapons holster to her thigh.

"I've gotta go protect my village."

The woman ran past her, slamming the door closed. "Mommy, what happening?" Her language was not fully developed as of yet.

"Some very evil people are attacking the village honey." Her mother knelt down in front of her to kiss her forehead. "Just stay here while I go outside and fight the enemies, okay?"

The little girl nodded, her mother sprinting out the door.

The Hatake ran and hid in a corner, she could hear screams of agony and cries of horror. Those cries were stopped by forces she did not want to think about.

Death was all around her, and she could do nothing but hope that her mother would come back alive and The Village Hidden in the Shadows would be safe again.

Her hopes did not last as she heard a familiar woman cry out for help and her scream of agony. The girl got up on shaking legs and ran out the door to go help, even though she knew she couldn't.

"Auntie!" She cried as a nightmarish man picked her aunt up by the back of her shirt and slung her over her shoulders. "You will be a fine specimen," the man chuckled, turning to face her, a nasty grin on his face.