Chapter 39. Picnic

I feel that this story may be a bit clichéd, but I've working on things. Like where she seems overpowered and stuff, trust me, she's not. She can still he defeated. She's not all powerful. At least I don't think she is. Maybe she is. Oh well. I'm still working on things. This is my first fanfic. I think it's going pretty well for my first fanfic.

Good day.

Chapter 39. Picnic

"It's such a beautiful day today," Yuzuki looked up at the sky from the shade she sat under. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke sitting on the blanket and munching on the rice balls Sakura's mother made.

"I know, I planned this day on a whim, I was so scared it was going to rain." Sakura spoke absentmindedly, staring up at the sky along with her.

"It almost makes me forget the world," she mumbled, watching the clouds float by, a strange feeling washing over her. Maybe it was the fact that she felt relieved and it was strange. Or the fact that she felt that uninvited eyes were watching.

"Thank you for the food, Sakura-chan!" Naruto said happily, reaching for another rice ball.

"Hands off! Leave some for Yuzuki!"

"It's alright, I'm not hungry." When she said this, they eyed her with raised brows. She had become thinner in the days since the mission. It was as if she refused to eat. But she hadn't the stomach to eat anything, not after she threw up that bowl of ramen. The memory of the taste and smell of iron was enough to staunch even the strongest cravings.

"Are you sure?" Sasuke took another bite out of his rice ball. She usually ate everything in sight. To tell the truth, he was worried. Even after his clan was murdered, he ate. Was it because of who she killed? He didn't understand why she felt that way. Her cousin was the one that had hired The Snake to slaughter the clan. And yet she grieved. Didn't she feel relief knowing she had achieved some level of revenge?

"Mhm, I don't have much of an appetite." She breathed in, the smell of blooming flowers and iron mixed in filled her nostrils. The memory haunted her even when she was awake.

"I brought cake, from the bakery down the road from the academy." Sakura pulled out a strawberry cake. The delightful smell filled Yuzuki's nostrils and she decided she might eat something. The pinkette had already loaded plates with slices of cake and handed them to the three. One glance at the red syrup had her stomach in knots. She picked up the silver fork, picking up a piece of the cake and bringing it to her mouth when something caught her eye.

"Everyone down!" She threw the plate to the ground, its contents scattering to the blanket, the silver fork tumbling into the grass. Yuzuki dove down, hoping her friends heeded her warning. She whistle of shuriken flying overhead rang in her ears, then the thump of them making contact with the trunk of the tree they had sat under.

In response, she reached for a kunai, but instead she felt air where her weapons holster should have been. Her heart rate hastened and she looked up to see her friends getting to their feet, also weaponless. "What the hell?!"

Several people with masks appeared around them, similar to the ANBU but these uniforms contrasted from the standard ANBU uniform. "What is your purpose?!" Yuzuki narrowed her eyes at the one standing before her. The only features she could see were pale skin, and short- dark hair.

"We're not at liberty to say," an emotionless voice. Growling, her fist glowed with chakra. She lunged, swinging forward with the chakra charged fist, only to miss. A blade pressed against her throat and the chakra died out.