Chapter 26. Back to Konoha [Edited 7/2/19]

YUZUKI POV

I sighed as I stared at the bracelet, looking at the engravings on the inside of the metal, the words etched into the steel. Even though I wasn't going to say I loved him yet, I was sure of my feelings for him and put on the bracelet.

It went well with all the markings on my arms, they were going to be there permanently, every time I used my powers I would have to undo the seals and then fight, or if I chose to, I could use the seals as chains. Very much unlike the Uzumaki, who used chakra chains that formed into actual links like metal.

"Are you ready to leave yet?" Otaru trotted over to me, we were currently sitting under a cherry blossom tree, the petals floating around in the air, and flying away with every gust of wind. "Yes, I'm ready to go back."

I got up slowly, pulling my pack over my shoulder and staring back at the crumbled buildings and the new crater left in the earth before me. "Goodbye, my old home." I hoped to come back one day, to restore the village and recreate a clan that was once great, but that would have to wait.

We left the village after I had reconstructed the barrier so that no one would find it. I would soon find that it was no help at all.

Glancing at Otaru, I noticed him sending me a strange look. "What is it?"

"I'm not going to get used to those eyes." He said, gesturing to my eyes. I had learned how to use my powers, the Kin no me helped me control the beasts chakra, the seals on my arms were tattooed there to help keep the beasts at bay. And my eyes, well they were to stay like that until I decided otherwise.

"I don't think I will, either." I whispered, placing my fingers under my eye. "But I guess we better get going, the final rounds are in two days and I don't want to miss them," I said, hopping on his and back and wrapping my arms around his neck to keep myself from falling off. I was supposed to leave days ago but the old woman wouldn't let her leave yet.

He took off and everything around us was just a blur as we sped down the road, dust flying up in our wake.

~

It was night by the time we got halfway to the village and I almost fell off Otaru's back as I dozed. "Maybe we should stay here for the night," I suggested, blowing out a breath at the close call.

"Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired, too," Otaru curled up into a ball under a tree a ways away from the path, closing his eyes. I couldn't sleep without someone keeping watch so I decided that I would stay up and keep watch.

~

Two days later, I could finally see the village gates, there were guards stationed around the village walls, more than usual. It's the day of the final rounds! I realized, pushing Otaru to run faster. In a matter of two minutes we made it to the gates, the watchers were no longer at their stations. They must have gone to watch the battles.

Cheering could be heard somewhere in the center of the village. "See you later, Otaru." I bade him goodbye as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I got lost.

I had been living in the village for months now and I still didn't know where most things were. "Now where is the arena?" My thumb and forefinger held my chin as I examined a map of the village. The arena seemed to be in the center of the village, but I still couldn't find it.

All of a sudden, the ground began to tremble. Stepping outside of the shop I was in, I could see dust rising up down the street, and an orange blob leading.