Chapter 45. Progress

Hope you like it!

Unedited, expect typos.

Chapter 45. Progress

A punch aimed for her head, ducking, she watched as the fist slammed into the tree behind her, splintering the wood and destroying the trunk completely. That would have killed her. Tsunade's training was brutal. She wouldn't allow her to use any of her clan's jutsu, or her demons. It was something she appreciated. This allowed her to get stronger without any aid from other sources. Her eyes were something she couldn't help—she didn't know how to revert them back to their resting state, which left her using her eyes constantly. Unless they were meant to stay gold.

She would have to find a book on her clan after she was finished with training for the day.

The blonde woman before her grit her teeth, aiming a kick for Yuzuki's midsection. The Hatake jumped up, dodging that strike. She didn't see the punched aimed for her side as her feet hit the ground; the fist collided with her side. A crunch sounded in the air, and she sprawled across the ground, blood dribbling from the edge of her mouth. Her side felt like it was on fire.

"After you heal yourself you can be done for the day. We can continue combat the day after tomorrow. Next his learning the basics of how to do surgery," the woman stood over her, arms crossed over her large bust. Her pigtails swayed across her back as she turned on her heels, walking away. Sakura eyed the woman worried that her strict behavior would cause Yuzuki to die. "And Sakura," the girl snapped out of her worried state, "Yes, Milady?"

"Stop worrying about her, she's fine. On the battlefield you have to worry about yourself, and only yourself," the pinkette nodded, glancing at Yuzuki before sighing. The Hokage waved for the Haruno girl to follow her to an untouched part of the clearing, where the ground wasn't destroyed and there were still some trees standing.

Said girl sat up, an eye squeezed shut because it was swollen, and blood from a cut above her eyebrow dribbled down her skin and into her eye. Cuts and bruises littered her body, along with large gashes in her skin. Her chest still heaved up and down, side still aching with each breath. Damn, if she'd known what Tsunade's training was like, she would have not asked Kakashi to train her, too.

Hoping that the Hokage's healing lessons weren't for naught, she placed her hand over her side, focusing her chakra with precision. Brows knit together, she winced as she felt her damaged organs begin to heal, the cells regenerating and piecing together. It took twenty minutes to heal it fully, but she did it. She wouldn't have been able to heal something like that completely before Tsunade's training. Silently, she thanked the woman for teaching her—even if it was harsh.

"No pain, no gain, I guess," the girl muttered, getting up off the broken, cracked ground. Whole body aching still, she took a step, and nearly tripped on the uneven terrain. "I regret every one of my life decisions," she groaned, walking over to a tree trunk that was splintered at the top from Lady Tsunade's punch. She watched the woman go at Sakura, and the pinkette dodged and tried to get a hit on the woman. Fist clenched, the woman struck the girl in the stomach, sending her flying back into the trunk of the last tree in the clearing.

Sakura ducked as another fist aimed for her head— glowing with a dense amount of chakra—and it collided with the tree. The tree shattered as if it was glass, thousands of splinters flying everywhere. Sakura's eyes widened, knowing that it could have killed her if she hadn't acted fast enough.

As she watched the two train, her mind meandered back to the time when she first came to the village. She didn't know anyone—hadn't even been in the village for a week—and she had left the Hatake compound to go train. And that was when she found the boy she would come to know as Sasuke Uchiha. A boy who had nightmares at night. A boy whose memories haunted him. He was a boy that needed someone there for him. And she was there for him. But it wasn't enough, he had to kill Itachi. At least, that's what he thought.

Sasuke, she thought, remembering the darkness that lingered in the dark voids of his eyes. She remembered the silky feeling of his hair. The light in his eyes when she was talking to him. The slight curve to his lip when he smirked. When you come back, I'm going to tell you everything that happened here. I'm going to tell how you drove me to become stronger. I'm going to tell you that I didn't need revenge. No. I'm going to show you.

At that moment, she wondered how he was doing. It had been several months by now, and she figured he was training just as she was. Except, his goal was much different. No, it was much more sinister and dark.

"Yuzuki!" The girl snapped from her trance, turning her head in the direction of Tsunade. Sweat glistened over brow, and the clearing was completely destroyed. They would have to find another place to train yet again. "Yes, Tsunade?" She looked to Sakura, who wad busy healing herself from her training session with the woman. Training, scoffing, she pushed off the tree trunk, more like all out battling.

Said woman scowled, "We're heading back to the Hokage Tower." The woman's heels clicked as she walked away. Tsunade hated that she didn't call her 'Milady'. Yuzuki still didn't like the woman very much, but one day she would finally call her the respected name. For now, she would stick to calling just 'Tsunade'.

The girl waited for Sakura as she headed toward the Hokage Tower. Once the pink haired girl caught up, they followed the blonde woman's figure walking in the distance, giving each other tips and advice on what they should work on and how to do it better.

They were making progress.

~

His shadow danced as the sconces lit on the walls flickered. Light danced across his pale skin as he made his way down the dimly lit hallways, heading toward the room where he trained with Orochimaru. It had been months since he came to the snake man. He seemed to be advancing in his training—it wasn't enough. He still had a long way to go.

His onyx eyes scanned his surroundings; vigilant as ever. The wait of his blade strapped to his waist—the Sword of Kusanagi—was a constant reminder of where he was and whom he trained under. The man that killed her family. He shook his head, trying to clear her from his mind. It didn't work. The girl somehow found a way to get close to his heart. He remembered her clearly.

Her shining obsidian hair that was once a waterfall of silver. Amber hues that were once dark voids of onyx. The delicate curve to her lips when she smiled, and the way she made him feel. No matter how robotic he tried to seem, he was still human. And humans felt things.

She was like him. Broken inside.

He wondered how she was doing. He knew she wasn't going to be heartbroken over him leaving, after all, he did tell her he was coming back.

Hand pressing on dark oak doors, he entered an even darker room. Stone pillars stood tall, intricate carvings engraved into the stone. He observed them as he passed them by, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword. His skin tingled, the hair standing on the back of his neck. That's how he knew that the snake was there. "Hello, Sasuke," his serpentine voice traveled to his ears. He fought the shivers that crawled up his spine.

Yellow eyes landed on him, a sinister glint in them. It was always present in his eyes. The only reason he came here was so that he could reach his goal, and that was to kill his brother. Then he would destroy the snake man. He wasn't stupid, he knew he wanted him for his body.

Something flashed in the corner of his eye. Pulling his sword from it's sheath, he slashed so quickly you wouldn't even know you had been attacked and killed.

He was making progress.

Hope you liked it!

It was short but got to the point.

By the way, there is no good way to put what Orochimaru wants to do with Sasuke.

Ahh! Only four chapters left!