Chapter 24. Gift [Edited 7/2/19]

THIRD POV

The two ninja walked through the deserted compound, the silver haired ninja's eyes trailed over every blood stain, imagining each of their deaths. She remembered the ninja in her home village being killed and fighting for their lives; all of them died right before her eyes, and she could do nothing to help them.

Her eyes trailed on the doors to what seemed like the main household for the main branch of the Uchiha. Her home was in the center of The Village Hidden in the Shadows. It was so that if the village was ever in danger, they could protect the main household.

Though it never looked more grand than any other house in the village, the big symbol of the Teruo clan on the front of her home made it stand out as the main household.

The village was on constant guard, but even with the barrier surrounding the village and the guards stationed at each entrance it still perished.

Yuzuki was brought back to her thoughts as they stepped over the threshold into a small hallway. The girl went to take a step when she was stopped by the raven haired Uchiha next to her. "Take your shoes off," he stated as he went to take his off. Yuzuki did not understand why she had to, but she respected his wishes and took her sandals off and placed them next to Sasuke's.

They made their way-hand in hand- to the main room where she saw a lot of dried blood in the middle of the floor. Sasuke had frozen, his eyes trained on the stain in front of them. "This is where I found their bodies, my brother standing over them," he turned and walked into another room, letting go of her hand.

The girl stood in that spot, not knowing whether she should follow him or leave him to have a moment for himself. She didn't feel comfortable without him there, her eyes trailing over everything in the room, being able to see what type of life-style they had lead.

Feeling as if she were violating his trust, she followed him into the next room where she found Sasuke staring at the door to what seemed like a large room. "This was my parents room, that door down the hall was Itachi's, and the room across from his was mine." He pointed to each room, his eyes full of darkness until he looked at her and gestured for her to follow him.

Inside the room was a large bed with a bedside table sitting beside it, and a large dresser sitting across from it. Sasuke had gone over to the dresser as a picture on the bedside table caught her eye. It was a picture of Sasuke and his brother, Sasuke sat atop his big brother's shoulders, a wide grin on his face.

"Yuzu?" She turned around, "Yes, Sasuke?" She looked into his onyx orbs with her own obsidian and gave him a small smile. "I want to give you this, you don't have to wear it if you don't want to, but it would make me feel better just knowing it's in your possession." He grabbed her hand and placed a ringlet meant to be worn as a bracelet.

The design was intricate and by the metal she could tell chakra was meant to flow into it. "What are you giving this to me for?"

"I trust you, and you're the only person that I can trust with this particular item."

"B-" he cut her off. "Please, just take it, I need you to take it." She swallowed and nodded her head, pocketing the bracelet and following the boy out of the room and down the hall, into his old room.

A small twin bed lay in the corner of the room, it was almost totally empty except for a few picture frames of Sasuke and his family.

Yuzuki looked around the room as Sasuke grabbed a few pictures and they finally exited the deserted compound to find it raining. In this moment she decided to step into the rain, letting the drops fall onto her skin and run down it, while looking up at the sky.