Chapter 47. Objective: Akatsuki

Hope y'all like it!

Chapter 47. Objective: Akatsuki

She dug through her closet, looking for a specific item that she received on her birthday. Damn, it's seems like just yesterday. But it's been over a year. Her hands felt the familiar leather sheath of the blade. Wrapping her fingers around the object, she began to get up when she hit her head on the shelf above her head. "Ouch," she frowned, her brows creasing together as she brought the sword level with her eyes.

"White Light Chakra Saber," she pulled the blade from it's sheath, watching her reflection in the ripples in the metal from being forged and repaired. She wasn't going to use it. It was her father's blade and she wasn't going to taint the Hatake name more than it would already be tainted if the Akatsuki forced her to do their evil deeds. She just wanted to keep it to remember who she was, because she knew what she would have to become if the Akatsuki caught her. There was a very high chance she would lose herself.

That is, if she were to be caught. If she played her cards right and stayed hidden, she would not get caught.

"Hey kid! Ready to go!" She heard the pervy man's voice. Sighing, she strapped the Chakra Saber to her waist along with a new katana she had ordered, it was forged with the special chakra metal that channels it better than regular metal. She called it Rakurai meaning Lightning Spirit. The girl slung her backpack over her shoulder and turned the light out to her room before closing the door. Once she was outside, she ventured around her home to find that the fifty year old wandered off.

"Whelp, I'll just use this time to say bye to my friends," she whistled to herself as she made her way down the street. She heard a familiar whinging boy on a familiar rooftop where the pineapple haired kid usually watched the clouds. Or slept. Hopping up on the rooftop, she stood on the top of the pavilion and waited until perfect silence between the three young ninja and then popped her head into view. "Hey guys!"

They all screeched, nearly jumping several feet in the air. Choji whined as he stared at the bag of chips that had spilled on the ground. "Sorry Choji."

Ino and Shikamaru glared, "Geez, you didn't have to scare us like that."

"No, I didn't. But it was fun," she landed in a crouched position before them. They gave her a questioning look. "I'm going on a mission, and it's a long one so I wanted to give my farewell."

Shikamaru yawned, giving her a lazy wave. "See ya." His eyes closed as he fell back onto the bench while folding his hands behind his head. Ino gave him a small punch to which he replied with a strange noise. Sighing, the blonde girl turned to her. "Good luck with your mission, maybe you can teach Shikamaru a thing or two with your hard work," she poked the pineapple haired boy in the cheek.

"He's not going to change," Choji pulled out another bag of chips and began to chomp down on the potato crisps. "Hope your mission is successful," the boy waved at her along with Ino as she left. "Bye guys!"

~

The dog boy was snoring lightly as he lay sprawled across the ground while his teammates sat around him. Light bruises and cuts littered his skin, evidence of training. He was still upset with himself over the retrieval mission, and he vowed to work harder so that he never had to put himself and Akamaru in that position again. Shino and Hinata played with Akamaru while the boy slept, throwing a stick around and patting his fur. When the sound of grass crunching beneath feet reached their ears, they looked behind them to find their dark haired friend walking towards them, her golden eyes wandering the clearing.