Who I Am {2}

“Come on! We have to meet the others at the mall!” Ryland whined after we finished eating. He pulled on my shirt. “Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go!” I sighed. “I’m coming. Calm down Ryland. Did you have an energy drink today? You know you’re not supposed to have those.”

                He shook his head. “Nuuu! I’m just drunk off life!” he said cheerfully. “Lame,” I said and pulled on my shoes. Ryland pouted but followed me out the door. He jumped in his car and I sat shotgun.

                He turned on some Falling In Reverse as he drove towards the mall. “So what have you been up to without me for so long Jamie?” “Ryland, it’s been 2 days since we’ve last hung out.” “That’s, like, an eternity!” He frowned deeply.

                I didn’t want him to know just how much 2 days of being away from him upset me. Ryland may act it, but he wasn’t stupid. He would be able to put the pieces together eventually and figure out I was gay if I wasn’t careful.

                He pulled into the parking lot of the mall and we got out of the car together and went inside. “Where are they?” I asked, a bit impatiently as we wondered around. Ryland shrugged. He pulled out his phone to text them but my eyes landed on them.

                “There,” I said, nodding at them. They waved eagerly and Ryland jumped up and down, waving frantically. Some old lady stared at Ryland like he was on crack. Which he probably was, but still.

                “Ryland! Jamie!” our friends, Jouke and Blaine, cried in excitement. “Jouke! Blaine!” Ryland cried. He glanced behind them and made a disgusted face.

                “Errrr!” he cried. I mentally sighed as Jouke and Blaine turned around and made similar faces. “Errrr!” they cried as well.

                A guy, the one they had been giving that look to, passed by us unaware. Completely unaware that he had just passed by 3 racist teens making a racist comment just because his skin was a darker color than ours.

                I didn’t understand why Ryland, Jouke, and Blaine were racists. Honestly, people were people no matter what the color of their skin was. Like Martin Luther King Jr. said, judge on the content of heart, not color of skin. Or something along those lines.

                “Guys, knock it off,” I said in annoyance as they continued their racist cries of “Errrrr!”. Jouke glanced at me. “Hi Jamie!” “Hi Jouke.” “Ohhh girl! Someone’s PMS-ing,” Ryland said with a slight smirk.

                “Ryland, I’ll take my mom’s tampons and shove them up your ass,” I threatened. “Ohhh girl! Get at me brah!” he cried, flinging his arms out and pounding his chest wildly.

                I shoved him and he fell back on his ass. “OHMYGOSHNESSTHATFUCKINGHRUT!” he shrieked, causing people to stare at him. He glanced around at them. “What? You’ve never seen a boy on his ass before?” “Move along folks; there’s nothing to see here!” Blaine said, motioning them away with his hands. They gave us funny looks before moving on.

                I held out my hand and pulled Ryland back to his feet. I didn’t bother asking him if he was okay; he was fine.

                “You’re an asshead Jamie,” he whined. “Look who’s talking,” I shot back. “Meh,” he said with a shrug. “Okay guys; calm down. Let’s get a pizza and then we can go shopping or whatever the hell it is we’re doing here,” Jouke said.

                We went over and ordered a large pizza before sitting down to wait for it. Someone covered my eyes and I reached up and felt their hands. “Guess wh-” Ryland started to say, but I cut him off. “Hi Nadia,” I said, patting her hands.

                She pulled her hands away and smiled at me. “Hi Jamie!” Nadia was an absolutely beautiful girl and if I was straight, I surely would’ve asked her out in the future. But I was gay and she was my best friend, next to Ryland.

                Nadia had light brown hair with blonde highlights. Her hair hung a little way past her shoulders. She was slender and somewhat short, though taller than me. Her hair was wavy and shiny. No frizz in it at all. She was wearing short shorts with a black shirt. Her skin was smooth and very slightly tanned.

                “Careful Nadia; Jamie’s PMS-ing,” Blaine snickered. I pouted. “Am not,” I grumbled. “Are too!” he argued. “Shut up Blaine before I rip your ovaries out and hang them up to dry!” “I don’t have ovaries!” “Well I’ll shove some up your ass and then rip them out and hang them up to dry!” “Owie!”

                “Ohhh girl! He told you!” Ryland cried as Jouke cried “ohhhh!” Nadia frowned. “My gosh Jamie! You’re so brutally violent!” “Not to you beautiful,” I said and pulled her into my lap. She giggled and kissed my cheek. “Thanks Jamie wamie!” “Jamie wamie?” Jouke asked, raising an eyebrow. She smiled and nodded. “Yes! It’s my pet name for the ever sexy Jamie!”

                “Fuck you Nadia,” I said and stuck my tongue out. “When, where, and how hard?” “Right here, right now, and ima make a bitch bleed.” “Sounds good.” “Awesome. Get on your knees.” “Ew! The floor is almost as dirty as your mind!”

                “That’s pretty dirty,” Ryland said with a frown. I flipped him off. “Meh, I don’t offers. But I might make an exception for you Jamie,” he said, waggling his eyebrows.

                Damn I wish he was being serious.

                Instead, I just rolled my eyes at him and wrapped my arms around Nadia.

                “Wow. Roll your eyes at me after getting me excited. Just for that, I’m cheating on you!” “His mom doesn’t count. Everyone’s had that,” Blaine said. I sighed. “Why do you guys always go after MY mom?”

                They all grinned at me. “Because she’s big enough for all 3 of us at once,” Jouke said with a wink. “You guys are so mean to Jamie’s mom!” Nadia whined and wrapped her arms around my neck.

                “I’m sorry, what was that? I was too busy dreaming about last night with Jamie’s mom,” Ryland said, flashing innocent eyes at us. I sighed. “Ryland, I am legit going to cut off your skin and wear it to my grandma’s birthday party.” “Tell grandma Fold I said happy birthday!” he said with a bright smile and I shook my head at him. “You are so retarded Ryland.”

                He shrugged and grinned. “But I’m your retarded,” he said with a wink. I sighed. That didn’t even make any sense. And this was why I absolutely loved Ryland. He was so random. So unpredictable.

                We got the pizza and brought it back to the table. We talked and joked as we ate. When we finished eating the pizza, we got up and began to go shopping.