Who I Am {24}

A.N.- I'm really sorry guys! I didn't realize how short this chapter was Dx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Ryland honked the car’s horn and I went outside and smiled as I got in the car. He blasted Alesana’s “Circle VII: Sins of the Lion” and we started screaming along with it.

                “So what movie are we even seeing?” I asked curiously. Ryland shrugged. “We can see…uh…You know, I have no idea what movies are even out right now Jamie.” I laughed and we sat in comfortable silence until we got to the movie theater.

                We got out and went into the theater. Ryland pulled out his wallet and handed the money to the man selling the tickets. “Uh, 2 tickets to see, uh…Insidious!” The man handed him the tickets and he passed one to me before we moved towards the food line.

                “Insidious?” I asked in amusement and he nodded happily. “I could’ve picked the Smurfs. Since I like to choke a smurf,” he said with a wink. “I like choking chickens better. But that’s probably because I’m gay,” I said with a wink. He laughed and ordered us a large popcorn and a large drink.

                I grabbed two straws and we went to the theater. There were only a few people in there. We took a seat in the middle and got ourselves comfortable. Ryland hesitated before wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close to him.

                “Afraid to put your arm around me, but not afraid to do what we did the other day?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. He blushed a little and shrugged. “I’m Ryland motherfucking Creed. I’m Not Afraid!” he said in his best impression of Eminem.

                “I am,” I said and he pouted. I laughed and kissed his cheek. The movie started and I rested my head on Ryland’s shoulder, beyond happy he was letting us be so close in public.

                “Don’t go in the basement you dumbass!” Ryland hissed. “Something’s gonna attack him. Something’s gonna attack him. Something’s gonna attack him,” I whispered and jumped a little as he fell off the ladder.

                I did jump when he woke up and started screaming. “Shit. Why did come see this? I hate scary movies,” I reminded Ryland, keeping my voice down so we didn’t get shushed. “But I can hold you in a scary movie. Cliché shit, get with the program Jamie,” he said, his voice just as low, and kissed me gently.

                We continued to watch the movie, and I swear I peed a little when the little dancing boy part played. But the table scene caused me to let out a slightly strangled cry of surprise.

                “Whoa! Back the fuck up! I paid to see Insidious, not Star Wars!” Ryland hissed angrily and I laughed a little. He smiled and kissed me again. “Enjoying it?” “I hate jumpy movies, and you know that,” I said miserably.

                When the movie ended, we left the theater and got in Ryland’s car. “So, what did you think of the movie?” he asked cheerfully. “I think if I were that lady, I’d get a divorce and give that dick possession of the kids. Then I’d move the fuck away from him.” Ryland rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek as he turned the car on and pulled out of the parking lot.

                “Okay, now we go for dinner. Where do you want to go?” he asked. I smirked. “Surprise me, Mr. Romantic.” He frowned and shrugged. “Whatever floats your boat, kid.”

                He ended up driving us to 5 Guys and I rolled my eyes. “You would, Ry.” He smiled proudly and we got out of the car, went inside, and ordered. We sat down together and Ryland sighed.

                “Jamie, I miss being friends with Blaine.” I nodded. “Me too.” He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. “This is bullshit. I hate this.” He looked up and his face paled. “What?” I asked and spun around.

                My heart crashed through the floor and down to the bottom of the earth. “Shit,” I heard Ryland whisper as his ex-girlfriend turned and faced us.