2

"Mmm...how about we start at...where-ever you want to show me? Just go crazy with it, I don't really care where we go," Coraline says to Norman, who rubs the back of his neck.

"Um...okay...how about we go to...the Middle School first; aren't you going there with me?"

She smiles and nods. "Sure, let's do that."

Norman nods and they start walking towards the Middle school. For some reason, Norman knows he wants to tell Coraline that he likes her secretly, but he just met her; besides, they've just met, so it would be a little weird, judging that they're only friends...or so he doesn't just want to be 'just friends', but has no other choice...until he grows the balls to tell her. As they were walking, they were talking to each other, about what they like to do, about the ghost in town, even about their parents. Coraline and Norman laugh about their parents; these two felt like they have the same life, only Norman as an older sibling, and Coraline's an only child.

They've finally made it to the school, and Coraline looks at it in amazement, "Wow...I've never seen a school like this before!" she exclaims, making Norman laugh a bit. After Norman explains to her about classes and whatnot, they start heading towards the Town Hall, where he wants to show her the witch statue.

As they walk towards the witch statue, Norman starts to see a few ghost and wave and say "hello" and all sorts of things. Coraline looks at the boy, wondering what he's doing. "Norman...what are you doing?"

He looks at her with a shy grin. "I'm talking to some ghost; don't you want to meet them?"

She feels a little crazy, but knows that it'll hurt his feelings if she doesn't and call him nuts- she's had that experience before, when Wybie didn't believe her about the Other Mother and the Other World, so has to do this one kind thing for him.

Coraline steps up and looks around. "W-Where are they?" she asks, making Norman look around, until he sees his grandmother, floating above her head.

He chuckles and waves to his grandmother. "Hi, Grandma, how are you today?"

"Oh, I'm doing fine Norman; say...who's this girl...a friend of yours...or your girlfriend?" Norman's ears start to get hot, and he blushes as sweat slowly goes down his face.

Coraline notices his actions, getting a little concern for him. "Norman...are you okay?"

Norman quickly snaps out of his thoughts, smiling nervously at her. "Yeah, yeah...I'm fine, trust me..." He looks up at his grandmother, then back at Coraline, motioning his arm over towards where his grandmother is at. "...Say hello to my grandmother, Coraline."

She looks up, but doesn't see anything. Coraline soon remembers about how it could upset him if she disses all of this off or something, so just waves at the nothingness, nervously smiling, "...Oh...um...Hi, there, Norman's grandma." Even though she couldn't see her, his grandmother smiles and waves back at her.

The blue-haired girl turns and looks at the boy. "What is she doing now?"

Norman smiles. "She's waving happily back at you, Coraline. Do you want to continue heading towards the Town Hall?"

She smiles and starts to following him. "Of course!" she says happily, walking towards the Town Hall with him. Norman turns around as they walk, waving goodbye to his grandma, who waves back, and disappears.

They make it to town square, and once Coraline spots the witch statue, her eyes gaze up and fix on it, looking at it in awe and amazement. "...Wow..." was all she manages to say.

Norman looks up at the witch statue as well, remembering when he and Aggie first met, and she was getting revenge onto this town, but he stopped her and placed her back to rest, which awarded him with popularity and respect.