the key

I start to frantically stuff my belongings into my suitcase as I hear a knock on the door.

"Hold on." I say trying to zipper up my suitcase as best as I can.

Then I get up and see you standing in the door frame of my bedroom.

"Here's your tea, one sugar and a dash of milk just how you like it." Elliot says holding out the tea.

"Thanks, how did you get in my apartment? The door was locked..." I reply taking the warm tea from your hands taking a sip.

"Well you gave me this key for emergencies, and I just figured you wouldn't mind if I let myself in." El says quietly hoping I wouldn't over react.

"Elliot, you can just walk on in my apartment. The key I gave you was for emergencies, and you obviously don't know what that means." I reply snatching the key from your hands and placing it in the front pocket of my suitcase.

"We should get going." I say trying to quickly shift the mood as I roll my suitcase up to my door and look back at you.

"Olivia, I'm sorry. I didn't think you would mind. Please, just give me-"
Elliot says getting cut off by my sharp word as I spit out a response.

"Save it Elliot, let's just go." I say taking a deep breath and walking out of my apartment and down the stairs.