traffic

The entire ride was silent until we were stuck in traffic about 15 minutes away from the airport. I just stared out the window until Elliot's words broke the silence.

"Listen Liv... I'm sorry about just letting myself in. I should've just waited until you answered the door." Elliot said softly.

All I do is look at him and he knows that I'm sorry too. I take the key out of my bag and place it in his hand.

"For emergencies only." I say laughing a little, knowing that our definitions of emergencies were a little different.

"Thanks." He replays closing my hand with the key in his and rubbing his thumb over it. I smile back at him, wishing this moment could last forever when he breaks the silence again.

"Get out of the way you asshole!" He yells swerving to the right quickly and putting his arm across me so I wouldn't fly forward.

"Road rage much?" I ask giggling a little as I push you arm down from in front of me and I intertwine my fingers with yours and take a deep breath.

All Elliot does is smile back at me, knowing that we don't need to speak to know what's on each others minds or how we feel.

"It tends to have its moments." He says back finally pulling into the airport parking garage and unbuckling his seatbelt.