questions

A man with salt and pepper hair answers the door, and slowly, his glance lands on me first, scanning every inch of my body and quickly transfers to Elliot after feeling his intimidating look. I show him my badge, and tell him why we're there. The entire time I talk to him about the case, his eyes are just staring into mine and I can feel Elliot's gaze burning my skin. I quickly end the interview, knowing that this guy definitely wasn't on our suspect list and gave him my card in case he "finds" anything worth our time.

We both walk back to the car and get in, silence filling the space yet again. Elliot starts the car and drives us back to the precinct, and as he does, the sound makes me remember when he drove us to the bar last night. I start to remember more of what happened at the bar, and zone out, looking at the trees as we drive back and the memories flood my mind.

"Olivia? Olivia?" He asks, noticing the blank expression on my face as I stare out the window.

"Huh?" I say, his words snapping me out of the thoughts I was having.

"Are you okay?" Those words leave his mouth and I try and respond, but the lump that was forming in my throat wasn't allowing me to.

I nod slowly, not making eye contact with him."I'm fine, just a little tired." I lie, hoping he would just leave me be and change the subject.

"Olivia, you need to talk to me. I know you're not fine, you're never fine." He says, and my head turns right as he says that.

"How would you know if I'm fine or not?" I snap back, his words only starting the fire burning inside me. "We barely speak anymore! All I get is a glance from you at work, you didn't even stay long at the bar last night." I spit out.

"You're my partner Liv, I know when you're okay or not!" He says, his temper sparking quickly. "Sorry I can't spend all my time with you Olivia, I'm trying to fix my goddamn marriage! Maybe you should just go off with Brian some more, seems to me that you're hanging around that scum more often."

I scoff, my eyebrows raised as I look at him. "How dare you Elliot! Brain and I aren't an item, nor do I ever want us to be. I was just trying to figure out what happened with him and I last night, I can't seem to remember."

He speeds up, and pulls into the precinct parking lot. "What do you think happened Olivia? It's not just like he appeared out of nowhere at your apartment."

I take a deep breath and unbuckle my seat belt. "I know that El, I'm just trying to piece together what happened. I just have this gut feeling that it wasn't great."

A/N: Hello guys!! I know it's been awhile since I updated this story but I really liked how this chapter turned out. Hope you all enjoy :)) and hello to all my new followers!