Chapter Four: Demon

'Today is the day that we make our journey to the place that Roman was talking about and I really need to help Griffin get out of that place. I need to get the others out as well, but this is going to be a tough mission to do.'

I am up way before anyone else and I'm sitting on the roof top area that I have. I look out at the sky as the sun starts rising and I sigh softly as I put my head on the railing. I soon say "I know you're there Roman." Roman says "your power for sensing people is really strong." I say "well I've been doing training ever since I left the academy. I always continue to improve on my skills. I don't know how Dean knows that I'm a spirit walker." I look down and Roman sits next to me. He says "well it's not hard to tell that you are one. I can sense it in you like Dean can, but not everyone can see it." I say "I just don't want to tell my friend when I find him or anyone really." Roman asks "are you going to tell the hell hound?" I shake my head as I say "no. I really do not want to tell him. I just....I don't get why I was hired when they are supposed to only hire humans. Being a spirit walker means that I'm not human. I didn't really think anything of these powers when I was in the academy, but then I was approached one night and confronted by someone." Roman says "you have nothing to worry about. Right now the only thing that we all need to worry about is getting your friend out." I nod as I say "that is very true. Let's go wake the sleepy heads up. You can wake Mr. Flirty Vampire." Roman chuckles at that and he says "alright. I can do that. You have fun getting the hell hound up." I smirk as I get up and I say "I'm sure it will be easy." Roman says "we'll see." I roll my eyes as I head back into the house and I take a deep breath before I walk towards the room where Bray is sleeping. I knock on the door before opening it and I notice that Bray's not in the room and I walk in as I decide to use my powers. I stand there with my eyes closed and I soon start pin pointing the life forces that should be in the house. I can tell that Dean and Roman are in the same room. I then open my eyes because Bray is in the room, but he's hiding from me and I soon look to the darkest corner of the room. Bray says "that was interesting to witness huntress." I look away from him and I say "I do not like when people trick me." Bray says "hmm well I'm sorry, but I had to know if it was true. The legend of the spirit walker." I walk over to Bray and say "don't worry about me being this."

Bray looks at me and he goes to speak, but I stop him as I sense a different presence and I hurry out of his room. Roman is in the living room area and he says "there's a demon here." I say "I knew something didn't feel right." I run up the stairs to the roof top area and I stand there as the wind has now picked up. The sun is now behind the clouds and I look out into the forest. Where could the demon be? I soon see an aura trail, feeling uneasy and before I can react I'm on the ground in front of the house. I groan as I lay there with my eyes closed and soon I move out of the way when the demon lands. I get into my fighting position and the demon says "ah the spirit walker huntress." I stare him down and I say "Brock." Brock smirks as he says "I've been searching for you and now I've found you. My masters will be happy with me for finding you." I glare at him as I soon see Roman, Dean, and Bray come out of the house. I say "I wouldn't be so sure about that Brock." Brock says "your pathetic friends are no match for me huntress and you know this. I could kill them and then you'd be without your supernatural friends." I clench my fists as I soon us my mind switch power, planting my mind into Roman because I've done that once before and I use Roman for this fight. Luckily Bray is guarding my body and I soon attack Brock while in Roman's body. We go back and forth for a while before I unleash the werewolf side of Roman. I use his werewolf power to completely beat on Brock and soon Brock shoves Roman away causing me to return to my body. I groan as I pant a little in Bray's arms and he asks "you alright?"

I nod as I watch Roman and Dean both attack Brock, but they get thrown. I pull my daggers out as I soon run towards Brock and I jump onto his back, stabbing the daggers into his back before unleashing the spikes that come out of them. I twist the daggers inside of him, ripping at his insides and he howls in pain. I continue to do this until I get grabbed by him, feeling his claws dig into my arms and soon I hit a tree with my back. I yelp loudly in pain as I land on the ground, but the damage to Brock is already done and he soon falls to the ground dead. I lay on the ground as I try to use my healing powers, but I can't because I'm too weak from the mind switch. Roman is the one who comes running over to check on me and he picks me up. Roman says "guys we need to get out of here and get her somewhere safe." Dean asks "and where would be a safe place?" Roman says "my den. My healers can help her in my clan. It will be a journey, but it will be worth it to get her help." I don't understand why Roman cares so much, but at least he's changed since the last time that I saw him and Bray says "alright. Let's go." I relax in Roman's arms because my body is throbbing with pain and I just want to be back to normal. I close my eyes as I hear Roman whisper "hang in there." I smile as I soon drift off into sleep.

'I wonder what they all will do when the time comes that I have to go back to doing my actual job. I wouldn't kill them unless I absolutely had to or if they tried to harm anyone. I don't want to think about killing them.'