Chapter Six: These Feelings

'We're finally heading to the place that Roman talked about, but I'm worried that we're going to find some bad things at this place and that makes me worry more. I don't want to possibly find someone dead.'

I sigh to myself as I walk and I don't really like the new clothes that I was given. My tattoo is showing and also I don't know how I feel about the leather. I look over at Roman and he is talking with Dean. We only stopped for a moment and I soon lean against a tree as I look up at the sky. I don't know what we are all going to do, but I know that I must save the people that I can. I close my eyes for a moment and then I feel someone lean against the tree with me. I ask "why are you not hanging with Roman and Dean?" Bray says "because they are not the type of company that I like to keep." I smile softly as I soon open my eyes, looking down at the ground and I say "well I want to thank you for saving me back at the werewolf den." Bray says "it's no big deal. You were calling out to me and I reached back out to you." I look at Bray as I smile more and I notice he is looking up at the sky. I say "well I appreciate it." He uncrosses his arms and I watch him. He says "I've never met a spirit walker until now. There are many that talked about the legend of the spirit walker when I was little, but I never believed that they were real. Though there was a whole village that had been raided and come to find out they were all spirit walkers." I look away from him as I start to remember something that happened and I close my eyes. I say "I was there...." Bray asks "you were?" I say "yes. I was there. My parents died that night and I had left them there to die because my mother handed me off to that man right there." I point over to Roman as I remember that night and Bray says "I'm sorry." I say "don't be." I move away from the tree as I walk away from it, walking over to a spot to sit at and soon I look out at the lake. The sun shining on the lake is beautiful and I smile softly, but soon I look to the person behind me. Bray asks "why do you hide?" I look away as I take a deep breath and I say "because I don't want anyone to know who I am or to know the past." I keep looking out at the lake and I feel him stand behind me. His heart is beating fast just like mine and he has this pain inside of him the way that I do. He says "my family and I were traveling at the time that the village of your people was destroyed. We saw what happened. I didn't believe my parents about who did this to the village, but I knew I'd have to accept it. I knew that they hunters and huntresses would come for us."

I know that there is truth to his words and I soon turn around, facing him. I look up at him and in those red eyes is sadness. I say "Bray there's nothing that could have been done to save my home. My parents knew that our fates were sealed, but they tried to hide me. When Roman took me to his home I didn't feel as though I belonged. I ran away and joined the people that had done what they did to my family." Bray looks at me and asks "why would you do that though?" I look away from him as my tattoo is being shown off and I say "because I knew from the beginning that the only way to take down the people who did this was to become one." Bray says "well that actually isn't a horrible idea that you had." I look back up at him and I wonder why he's being this way. What is this feeling that I'm getting inside of me? I keep looking at Bray as a slight breeze makes my hair move and it feels as though we're in our own little world. I watch him as he ends up moving closer to me and I stay right where I'm at as I feel our hearts beating as one soon. Bray leans down a little as I lean up a little and soon we're just inches away from each other. I stare into his eyes as he stares into my eyes and he whispers "do you feel that?" I whisper "do you mean our hearts beating as one right now?" Bray whispers "yes." I blush lightly as I say "yes I can feel that." We keep looking at each other and soon I close my eyes as we get just a tiny bit closer, but soon Dean says "well this is a very cute sight."

I jump slightly as I move away from Bray and I blush very deeply as I look to Roman and Dean. Roman says "yeah this seems like a very romantic scene that we just interrupted." I groan as I say "both of you shut up." I feel very nervous, but soon I see a building in the distance and look at the guys. Roman says "hey look. There's the building." I say "let's go." I grab Bray's hand without thinking as I drag him with me towards the building and think 'we're going to save you Griffin.' I don't know what we're going to do, but it's going to be awesome I just know it and I can't wait.

'I promise to you Griffin, we'll get you out of there and help you. I know we will. Though now there is something else bothering me and that thing that's bothering me is the fact that I think I'm falling in love with Bray.'