04

4th Chapter

Eun Mi’s heart jumped when Baekhyun finally met her eyes. She didn’t expect him to acknowledge her when she went to his table. She was looking for the words to say as she saw him waiting for her to tell why she was there.

“Byun Baekhyun.” Were the only words that came out from her mouth. It seemed so ridiculous but she liked the sound of his name on her lips.

Baekhyun blushed a deep red color when she called his name. His simple name sounded so melodious when she said it. His heart was on its frantic pace again so he averted his eyes away to calm himself.

Chanyeol’s grin reached his ears, as he watched the Princess and his bestfriend. There’s definitely something going on with these two. As for the other boys on the table, their jaws literally dropped when they found out that the Princess was there for Baekhyun. What could have their friend done for him to get noticed by her?

“D-do you need a-anything?” Baekhyun stuttered, although that almost never happened. He knew everyone in the cafeteria was watching them now. He was friends with almost everyone in the school and it wasn’t unusual for him to get attention but this kind of attention.. it made him feel uneasy and awkward.

I want to be your friend. She wanted to say that so much but she was feeling self-conscious. It would seem so idiotic. Do people usually ask this if they want to befriend someone? She also noticed that Baekhyun was feeling uncomfortable. Uh-oh. It was not good in the first place for her to approach him around so many people. Maybe he didn’t like this kind of attention.

She gave him a small smile and shook her head a little. She decided to approach him next time when he was alone. She made her way back to her table, leaving everyone bewildered by the Princess’ unexpected behavior.

“So how did it go?” Hyerin asked when she sat back on her seat.

Eun Mi bit her lower lip and looked down her lap. “I never got to say anything.”

Hyerin patted her back. “That’s alright. Baby steps, Eun Mi, baby steps.”

“I just don’t understand why you have to be the one to approach him first. You two are seatmates so he should have taken the initiative to talk to you.” Sehun muttered on the side.

“Maybe.. he’s just shy.. like I am.” Eun Mi defended her seatmate.

He scoffed. “Shy? Him? I don’t think so.”

“Jealous much, brother?” Hyerin whispered to him.

Sehun was taken aback by this and his cheeks flamed. “No.”

Hyerin smirked. “All right. Well, let’s get going to class now. We don’t want to be late.”

Baekhyun’s friends waited until the Princess left the cafeteria before they bombarded their friend with questions.