36

36th Chapter

“I..” Baekhyun wanted to tell her everything he was feeling, all the reasons why he fell in love with her and would continue to. But he got overwhelmed with his own feelings so he decided to just summarize it with three words. “I love you.”

“I love you, Byun Baekhyun. I’m in-love with you.”

Baekhyun couldn’t believe his ears. His mind went into a blank state and all he could do was gape at the Princess who voiced out those words. He had been dreaming of hearing that ever since he fell in love with her, even though he knew it was definitely impossible. He should be happy that his dream had finally come true. He should be glad that his feelings are reciprocated and his lifelong unrequited love has come to an end. But the only thing that flooded his mind was the memories of that day when he was the one who confessed to her. It was all the same, except that their roles were now reversed. It suddenly became too hard for him to breathe. His head was swirling, like he was going to suffocate. His hands started shaking. The Princess was still waiting for his answer, along with everyone else who had witnessed the Princess’ confession.

Eun Mi just stood there, anxiety and anticipation clouding her thoughts. When she had finally told him what she wanted to say for so long, she felt so happy and proud of herself. Never did she expect that she had that kind of courage in her. She knew he had surprised him, seeing how his mouth was hanging open and wide-eyed. She wasn’t sure how long they have been standing there but it felt like an eternity as she waited for him to say something. She would be lying if she said that she wasn’t expecting him to say the words back. Somehow, she felt that Baekhyun was sharing the same feelings for her. But there was still that fear that she was just fooling herself and it would all end up in disappointment.

She saw him swallow hard and looked like he was going to be sick. She started to worry. Is he having some sort of attack again? But even before she could open her mouth to ask if he was alright, Baekhyun had already spun around and ran as fast he can towards the school gates. And she was left there, unmoving, shocked of what just happened. Did Baekhyun.. just run out on her.. after her confession?

There was an outraged chatter that ensued when Baekhyun scrambled out of the scene. No one had expected that this was how things are going to turn out. Some tried to follow where Baekhyun went, curious on why he escaped like that. But most just stayed and worried for the Princess. Shock was the first reaction that registered on her face, and then disappointment before it became completely blank. They wanted to approach her and ask if she was alright but they weren’t sure if that was the right thing to do because it was not everyday that the Princess of Seoul would publicly confess to someone. And the most surprising of it all was that she was presumably rejected.

Behind the Princess were Baekhyun’s friends. They followed him and the Princess after the meeting, sure that something was going on between them. But they didn’t anticipate that this was how things are going to turn out. They are just as speechless as the Princess is.

But Chanyeol was the first one who recovered. “What the hell is Baekhyun thinking?” He muttered in annoyance.

“I think we should follow him.” Kyungsoo suggested.