27

27th Chapter

“I’m fine, Sehun, I’m fine. Really.” Eun Mi said to him as he helped her sit on a chair inside the infirmary.

“We need to make sure that there’s no fatal damage. I’ll get you some ice for now then we’ll go to the hospital for a CT scan.” Sehun continued to fuss over her and went to the nurse to ask for an ice bag.

Eun Mi sighed exasperatedly but a smile was tugging on her lips. It was just a simple lump on the head but he was worried like it was a baseball bat that hit her. It wasn’t even bleeding. He returned immediately and insisted that he would be the one to treat her though she was more than capable to handle herself.

“Just sit there and rest.” Sehun said kindly as he pressed the ice bag gingerly to her forehead.

“Does it look that bad?” She asked.

“No, it just a small lump, actually. But we still need to be careful.”

She decided to just let him be. Sehun was stubborn when it comes to treating injuries and stuff. He will do as how he would see fit. Silence enveloped them as she sat while staring out into the window and Sehun standing in front of her. They were alone in the infirmary aside from the school nurse who was doing some paper works on the table. Sehun told her he can handle it so she let them fend for their selves.

Sehun noticed that Eun Mi was thinking deeply about something. This time, he was sure it was about Baekhyun. He noticed how she ignored the guy earlier on the court. He took a deep breath before asking her.

“Eun Mi, are you alright?” He asked in a soft tone.

“Hmm?” She tore her gaze away from the window and looked up at him. “Yeah. I told you I can manage.”

“I’m not asking about that.” He replied carefully.

The Princess knew what Sehun was talking about. She avoided his eyes and her fingers fidgeted on her lap. It was not that big of a shock that Baekhyun was that guy who confessed to her during middle school; she kind of had an idea that it was him. But then, earlier, she suddenly can’t bear to face him.

“Do you hate him?” He asked again after a few moments.

“No, of course not.”

“Then, why didn’t you want to even look at him earlier?” He didn’t care if he was prying too much. He was just concerned for Eun Mi and as hard as it is to admit, for Baekhyun, too.

“I-It’s not that I.. I hate him.” Eun Mi struggled for words. It was also hard for her to explain her feelings right now. “I just.. I just can’t face him.”

Sehun knew that Eun Mi was having an internal conflict right now. He took a chair and sat beside her. “Why?”

“Can I ask you first, Sehun?”

“What is it?”