26

26th Chapter

Eun Mi’s mind was at unease for many days now… or rather, her heart was. She can’t seem to understand what’s going on with her. Well, if her mind would just stop denying it, then maybe things could get easier. But, she refused to. It was just way too ridiculous.

Her phone suddenly rang and she jumped in surprise. She wanted to answer it immediately but she was cautious to even see her phone, because when she does, she just ends up staring at it and it was not good. She just answered it without even bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Yobo.. yoboseyo?” She said carefully.

Why do you sound so scared? Are you hiding from debtors or something?” She was very relieved to hear Hyerin’s voice on the other line.

“Hyerin, it’s you. Debtors?” Her forehead creased.

Oh, don’t mind me. I just watched a drama where the girl owes someone a large debt that she couldn’t answer her phone because she’s hiding away. But anyway, is there a problem?”

“N-no. I’m fine. Why did you call, Hyerin?”

There was a pause before her cousin answered. “I want to buy something at the mall. I was wondering if you could come with me, then hang out after. Are you sure you’re alright?”

“I’m fine.” She tried to make her tone reassuring. “I don’t have anything to do today so I can come.”

Okay. I’ll just fetch you there later.” Hyerin was still skeptical but she decided to leave the topic for now.

-

The two girls went shopping when they got to the mall and stopped by an outdoor café after. Eun Mi watched as the people passed by going about their own business as she took a sip of her milk tea. Her mind was still occupied by a lot of things and Hyerin didn’t miss this out. She placed down her drink and stared at the Princess.

“You’re spacing out.” Hyerin stated.

Eun Mi looked startled and turned to her cousin. “Huh?”

“You’re like that when you’re bothered. Did Sehun do something to you again?” Hyerin asked suspiciously.

The Princess shook her head lightly. “We’re fine.”

“Then, what is it? I’ve noticed this for quite some time now. Are you sick or anything? Are you having a hard time?”

Eun Mi can’t help but smile seeing how Hyerin looks so worried about her. She had always been with her all her life and she was a cousin, sister, bestfriend and sometimes a nagging mother all at the same time. If Hyerin wasn’t there for her, she doesn’t have an idea how she’ll come about in her daily life.