24

24th Chapter

Eun Mi took uneasy steps towards her father’s study room. She was feeling nervous. She didn’t expect that they will immediately know about her skipping her lunch date with Suho. She knew her parents are disappointed with her especially that this is the first time that she had disobeyed them. But even if it’s the case, she doesn’t regret anything.

She knocked on the door lightly and she was permitted to come in. She opened the door and saw her parents seated at the table, already waiting for her. She bowed and took a seat across them.

“You have called me, father?” Eun Mi asked politely.

“Yes, my dear.” Her father joined his hands. “We have been told that you didn’t attend your meeting with your fiancé candidate, Kim Joonmyun. Is that true?”

“Yes, father.”

“May I ask why?”

“You are on the same school as him and met him a few times at functions before. Don’t you like him, my dear?” Her mother asked kindly.

Eun Mi shook her head lightly. “He’s a nice person and I’m quite acquainted with him.”

“Then why didn’t you go?” Her father asked again.

She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath. It’s time for her to start speaking her mind out. She’s almost an adult and she must stand for her own decisions now. She looked at her parents with determined eyes. “I don’t think it’s necessary for me to have a fiancé, father. I know your good intentions but I must tell you that I’m not comfortable of meeting different guys and then choosing one of them in the end. I don’t want to be engaged just because of business.”

Her father sighed. “This isn’t just about business, my dear Princess. We want you to meet a young and capable man that would be with you until you grow old and have a family with. We’ll be more comfortable if we know the man personally. The reason we let you choose and didn’t force someone to you is because we want to make sure that you will like the person, too.”

“But I.. I don’t want these kinds of things to be planned. Allow me to say this but I..” She could feel her cheeks getting warm on her next words. “I want to fall in love with someone normally, not just because my parents were the one who introduced him to me. I believe.. that.. that fate has a greater way for these things. I’m sorry for my foolish words.”

Her parents exchanged looks. Her father was a bit taken aback because this was the first time that Eun Mi has spoken about her personal feelings. She was used to her daughter being so obedient and doing whatever they request of her. The Princess’ mother on the other hand was amused and she was suppressing a smile. Her daughter has grown up.

“Tell me, my dear,” Her mother started to say. “Do you already like someone?”

She blushed a deep red color on her mother’s question. She didn’t expect that question to pop out. “P-pardon me, mother?”