25

25th Chapter

When the Princess woke up that morning, a smile instantly formed on her lips. She didn’t know why but she felt so light. It seemed that the day was going to be a good one. Well, maybe one of the reasons was that she patched things up already with Sehun. They were back to the way they were before, as if those bitter memories didn’t happen at all. She had to admit that it was a bit disappointing because it was like they had set aside her confession before but it was alright because she got rejected, anyway. She shook her head lightly, trying to discard those thoughts before she gets all sentimental again.

She sat up from bed and got her phone from the bedside table. She smiled even more when she opened her inbox. Last night before going to sleep, Baekhyun sent her a message. He was thanking her again for the gift that she gave him and there was a picture attached to it: Baekhyun wearing the beanie and holding out a cake that she guessed was made by his friends for him. He had that usual careless grin plastered on his face and he had such a happy look that it was infectious even just by looking at it. She unconsciously blushed again, remembering how she kissed him on the cheek.

She was sure she would get shy around him when they meet today but she would try not to get too awkward. She put her phone back to the table to prepare herself for school but before that, she had strangely set Baekhyun’s picture as her wallpaper. There isn’t anything wrong with that, right?

When Eun Mi was all set, she proceeded outside and went inside the car where Minhyuk was waiting. She greeted him a good morning before looking out of the window with a smile on her face. Minhyuk was a bit taken aback since that was the first time that the Princess had greeted him first. But he noticed that she was such in a good mood so he didn’t ponder it out too much. That was a breather since the Princess was a bit gloomy for a few weeks now. Something good must have happened.

The Princess stepped out of the car upon arriving at her school. As usual, the students were mesmerized by her but it was different this time because if anything, the Princess had an unusual glow around her. They also got surprised when she was the first one to greet them and her smile was a genuine one. It seemed like it was a bright day for her.

-

“Did you buy a new book or something?” Hyerin asked Eun Mi with an eyebrow raised.

Eun Mi tore her gaze away from the window and turned to her cousin. “Huh? No. I haven’t had a chance to visit the bookstore recently.”

The other girl eyed her suspiciously. “Then why are you smiling like that? Usually, you’ll have that smile when you bought a new book that had a very happy ending or you had pasta for breakfast. So which is it from those two?”

“The ending sucked from the last book I read and I had toast for breakfast.” Eun Mi said.

Hyerin covered her mouth with her hand, shocked. “What did you just say?”

“Hmm? What did I say?”

“Did you just say ‘sucked’?”

Eun Mi furrowed her brows. “I think so.”