28

28th Chapter

It was a crucial day for the students. It was the final day of their midterm exams. Most were also excited to have that day over because summer break was just around the corner.

“Uhh, what was it again? If I replace the equation with this and then substitute this one with this one..” Chanyeol mumbled as he scribbled on his notebook. “Gahh! Kyungsoo-yah! Help me! What is it?” He pulled out his hair in frustration.

“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo shrugged as he read his own notes.

“You are so stupid, Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun chuckled. “You just have to use this one.” He pointed at an equation on his notebook.

Chanyeol made a face at him. “Acting all smarty pants now ‘coz you have the Princess as your tutor?”

“She just helped me in History. I’m a genius on all other subjects.” He said cockily.

“Oh just shut up. I’m trying to review here. We’ve only got a few minutes left.”

Eun Mi came inside the room at that moment. It was already the final day of exams but she felt really uneasy. She didn’t get to study much the night before because she got so sleepy. She was worried that she won’t be able to do well on her exams today.

“Hey, good morning.” Baekhyun greeted beside her with a grin.

“Good morning.” She smiled a little and took out one of her notes.

He studied her face. “Is something bothering you?” He asked.

“Nothing much.” She sighed. “I just didn’t get to review well last night so I’m a bit worried.”

“I’m sure you’ll do great. I bet even if you didn’t get to open your books, you’ll still ace everything.” Baekhyun assured her. “So quit worrying, alright?” Baekhyun smiled warmly at her.

When she looked at him smiling at her, she instantly felt calm and all the worry she had were washed away. She found it amazing how Baekhyun can do that to her. She smiled back. “Thank you, Baekhyun.”

“So, I was wondering, Eun Mi. Later after the exams, would you like to –“

“Keep all your things now! Only your pens should be on top of your desks.” The proctor had already come inside their classroom. The exam was about to start so they stopped talking and set aside their stuff. Baekhyun felt kind of pissed because he didn’t have the chance to ask Eun Mi. Well, maybe after the exams. There’s still time.

-

The Princess sighed as she sat on one of the benches in the courtyard. Midterms were finally over but she wasn’t that happy and satisfied. She knew almost all of the right answers in the exams but that wasn’t good enough for her because usually, she knew all the answers. She also knew it was bad not feeling contented but the pressure was on her shoulders. She was going to be the successor of the Bae Empire so she had to do well.