39

39th Chapter

Eun Mi stepped in front of the mirror and fixed the bow of her uniform. She straightened out her skirt and scanned her reflection. She looked fine, normal and decent. She brushed her hair for the third time that morning and debated whether to tie it up for a change. She looked at her face and felt the need to put some make-up on because she looked pretty plain.

She sighed and sat on a nearby chair. She seldom stressed out about her appearance because she didn’t want to stand out as much as possible. But it was a different situation now. She wanted to look good and be her best self.

Holiday break was already over and it was the first day of school for that year. It wasn’t that special because they’re just going back and resuming classes from the previous year. But she was both excited and nervous that day because she would get to see Baekhyun again. After that night of the Winter Dance, he asked her to be his girlfriend and of course she agreed. It was the happiest night of her life and a smile always crossed her face whenever she remembers it. But after that, they never got to see each other again because she went on a holiday trip with her parents.

They stayed in contact though and that was the first time in her life that she kept her phone close wherever she went. Even though they were miles apart, it still felt like he was just there beside her, telling her stories about his life which was both funny and entertaining. But seeing each other in person was still better.

She finally stood up and decided to go along her usual get-up. Baekhyun was not one to care about how she looked like because she knew that he likes her sincerely, not just because she was pretty or the so-called Princess. And that was one of the reasons why she likes, him, too.

Slinging her bag on her shoulder, she got out of her room. Minhyuk-ssi was probably waiting for her already outside. She was halfway down the stairs when one of her maids appeared, looking like she had something to tell her.

“Good morning, Agassi.” She bowed respectfully and smiled at her. “You have a visitor.”

Her eyebrows joined in confusion. “Visitor?” She proceeded to the living room and her heart almost jumped when she saw who it was.

-

When Baekhyun woke up that day, he felt unusually excited. He would be seeing Eun Mi again and he can’t wait to get to school. Then an idea occurred to him. What if he surprises her by coming to pick her up in her house? That would start the year right. He immediately got up from bed and did his morning routines. Eun Mi was always early to school so he had to reach her before she leaves.

Having visited for a couple of times already, the guards and the maids knew Baekhyun already so he was welcomed inside when he got there. He was relieved to know that Eun Mi was still there. He waited at the living room and started to feel conscious of his self. Did he look exceptionally fine today? He got his phone and examined his reflection. He was fixing his fringe when he heard some voices by the stairs. He abruptly stood up, knowing that it was her.

He couldn’t help but suck in his breath when the Princess came into view. After not seeing her for weeks, he almost forgot how beautiful she really was. She looked really surprised to see him there and a grin flashed on his face.