2. Thursday

2016/01/21 Thursday.

I see that since I updated my blog on Sunday, a total of 14 people found my blog interesting enough to skim through. Of those 14 people, 3 people decided to follow the blog. And of those 3 people it's safe to assume that one of them is my older brother, Gerard, and the other is my therapist, Dr Nestor.

So welcome, Gerard and Dr Nestor, to the blog depicting everything about you that I hate. And welcome new follower, whoever you may be, whatever you're looking for I hope you find it and just leave me the hell alone.

Today is Thursday, which is my favourite day of the entire week. Thursdays are the days that Mr Bowie doesn't give me any lessons and the days that Gerard has work so I'm home alone for the entire day (until 4 o'clock which is when Gerard takes me to Dr Nestor) and even though I can't do much, due to the fact that I can't get in and out of my chair very smoothly without help, it's still the best day.

Because for the whole day I can listen to AC/DC as loud as I want and I can read The Boy in Striped Pajamas over and over without having to worry about school work that I have to do. I can also draw or write or do other things, as long as I only need the things that are within arm distance from my bed where I stay for the entire day.

Gerard always makes sure that I go to the bathroom before he leaves, which is half past 8, and he always gives me a bottle of water and makes me a peanut butter sandwich in case I want to eat something while reading. But he never makes me shower or brush my teeth or brush my hair until he comes home and we have to get dressed to go to Dr Nestor.

So, overall, Thursdays are my favourite day of the week because it's the day where I can watch as much Doctor Who as I want and I can read The Boy in Striped Pajamas over and over again until I know all the words off by heart. The only part of Thursdays that I don't like is the hour where I have to go and sit in Dr Nestor's office and pretend to listen to whatever crap she's telling me now.

And today, just like every Thursday before it, 3 o'clock came faster than it was supposed to and I'd only read The Boy in Striped Pajamas twice before Gerard came home to help me get ready. He knocked on my door, like he always did, and gave me enough time to cover myself in the case that I was naked. I never was. I don't trust myself to be able to cover my body in the time he gave me.

He came in then, gave me a sympathetic smile that didn't mean anything and then helped me shower and get dressed as nonchalantly as he possibly could. I was trying to help as much as my arms would let my but try as I might, I couldn't lift my body up and pull down my pants at the same time the way I used to before the accident.

Neither Gerard and I were all that keen on talking to each other about who was doing what and we usually ended up messing up more often than not and it meant taking twice as long to put on pants than anyone else would have. It was stupid. I figure that if they've managed to find a way for people to smoke electric cigarettes then they should have found a way to help me put on my fucking pants on my own.

And yet, we managed to squish the Useless Logs of Fat™ into the skinniest pair of jeans I had and he threw a shirt at me. A shitty faded one that once had a Guns and Roses picture on it. He gave me a hoodie too, the black one that I'd been wearing all day up until then and when we got into the car, he gave me some gloves too.

I couldn't actually feel my feet but if I could, I'm pretty sure they would've been sweating because Gerard put 2 socks on each foot like he always did when it was cold. I didn't see the point, really. It's not like the cold would give me very much discomfort. Quite frankly, the only discomfort I was really experiencing was the fact that I had to go and see Dr Nestor. But he made me see her once a week anyway.